Kevin Smith offers ailing Stan Lee to move in with him

I wasn’t part of that process, so I don’t know.

And I have no idea what the “Nitron effort” refers to.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Well this story keeps getting more complicated.

5 Likes

Ugh. I hope this doesn’t end like Casey Kasem, with an ugly tug-a-war between a weird wife and Scientology-fueled daughter, fought blow-by-blow in the courts and press.

3 Likes

Time to call in Friends Of Old Marvel!

2 Likes

But the world needs more friends like you. Friends who are kind, who are generous in spirit, who share their love and their world with others. I’d be thrilled to have you as a friend and -

… no, I am NOT trying ot get my hands on the memorabilia he’s giving away! How DARE you!

2 Likes

Nitron is a franchise between Stan Lee and one of the people named in the article. It was announced 2 years ago; maybe it takes that long to bring something like that to fruition? But the guy in the article’s been working on the same Marilyn Monroe documentary for at least 10 years…

(The rhetorical question wasn’t specifically aimed at you, but I can see it might’ve looked that way, sorry.)

Fair enough.
I apologize for assuming too much.

It is a travesty. I hate to think about what this implies for our elderly population, rich or poor.

Thanks for being civil where I failed.

1 Like

Download

1 Like

This thread contains the first examples I’ve seen where people say they can’t “like” an informative post because it contains information that they find distasteful or unsettling. Am I understanding that correctly?

I give likes to people who provide helpful or thought-provoking information, even if it’s information I don’t especially enjoy reading. The bearer of this sad news seemed to be saddened by it themselves.

Go ahead and withhold all of the likes you want, but please don’t feel like you have to announce it to the world.

And Kevin Smith is definitely a decent guy.

1 Like

Check out Dead Celebrity, Fuck Today, or any number of posts that contain content which is highly unpleasant, and you’ll see that it’s a fairly common assertion.
(You could also use the site’s search feature to look up the term, “I Can’t like that,” if you were just that curious.)

Many people see a ‘like’ as tacit approval of the content of the comment, when that’s not necessarily the case, and sometimes people want to acknowledge a comment’s validity without seeming like they are “happy” about the circumstances.

7 Likes

Or, conversely, when a post’s content is upsetting, feel free to explain why you find ‘like’ to be inappropriate and express solidarity with the poster.
I’m quite sure I’m not alone in understanding this, and not seeing it ‘announcing it to the world’.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

right up to the part where the world gives more of a damn about your opinion announced to the world, than you do about theirs.

Do I have that about right?

1 Like

I come from a background where a like or upvote shows appreciation for a person’s contribution to a discussion. I think people who withhold likes for the reason that the information is sad even though it’s helpful aren’t doing so logically. I understand the idea of people voting emotionally (like everything else we humans do), this just strikes me as especially illogical and I’ll continue to believe so even after your kind and helpful explanation.

Thanks, and have a like!

1 Like

Your logic is impeccable.

1 Like

Each forum is different.

Hated as they may be right now, Facebook created other ‘reaction’ icons because of the tendency to see ‘likes’ as automatic approval/agreement.

2 Likes

may he turn out to be the superhero Stan Lee seems to need.

2 Likes

I looked for more by Neil McCaul, and I’m sad to report his IMDb profile didn’t show great roles.

Can he please read some books for us? What about John Scalzi, e.g.?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.