KFC closes dining rooms in Florida over coronavirus spike

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/kfc-closes-dining-rooms-at-its.html

3 Likes

Not a chance in Hell would I even think about going to Florida right now. Certainly not for a bucket of chicken!

8 Likes

I’m in TX so i’m not much better but at least i have the ability to work from home so its relatively easier for me to hide from social interactions.

6 Likes

The natural response to this is not so much that’s a good decision as much as it is Jesus Christ, KFC still had its dining rooms open in Florida!?

11 Likes

You’ll know this is real when Waffle Houses close too.

8 Likes

Indeed.

If you can’t take your drunk ass to Awful Waffle for some scattered and smothered and coffee at 3am, shits not normal.

11 Likes
5 Likes

I predict all fast food restaurants will have to rebrand as drive-thru only, a la Sonic or Checkers.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me all that much if that shift is coming and the restaurants don’t even mind all that much. I bet they do pretty close to the same business as before, and they don’t have to keep & maintain a dining area that is constantly in need of cleaning & repair.

I mean, would anyone actually use a McDonald’s playland at this point? God, I hope not.

3 Likes

Old School A&W had that way back when roller skates were the bee’s knees.

8 Likes

6 Likes

There are still regional places that are basically drive-in only-- Dick’s and Burgermaster in Seattle. I think Dick’s hasn’t changed since the 50’s.

1 Like

3 Likes

C’mon man, the whole experience is about eating on bolted-down plastic furniture!

Yes true. Although dick’s outdoor order window is still a clustering problem (unless they changed that after COVID hit). Burgermaster in Bellevue is the style I was thinking of where each person orders from a parking spot (keeping distancing while avoiding a long drive through style line)

1 Like

You know you’re fucked when KFC has to take the lead.

2 Likes

“For the love of God, you’ve all been warned time and again about touching your faces… why are you licking your fingers??

Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!

1 Like

When I think of KFC, I don’t think of the eating areas as dining rooms so much as troughs,

Well, we are talking about one of the few eateries that literally sells food by the bucket.

2 Likes