Kid Rock canceling shows as “over half the band has f****** covid”

For some reason Kid Rock is a god in the Detroit area (my area) and I just don’t get it. Same thing for Nugent.

I used to like Ted but when he went all wackadoodle I lost interest. He used to put on a show every New Years Eve at Cobo Arena in Detroit called the Whiplash Bash. We’ve attended a few times but every time he would spend more and more time preaching than performing. It’s like, just shut up and play already. And his whole kill any and all animals shtick is tiresome as well. I stopped caring sometime in the late 90s.

9 Likes

Detroit still has the glorious Motown legacy. The foolishness of Kid Rock and Ted Nugent can’t take that away.

16 Likes

Motown and Rock and Roll. Mitch Ryder, Bob Seger, MC5, and on and on.

We occasionally ride our bikes around Downtown Detroit and ride past Hitsville. The history of my hometown is pretty cool.

13 Likes

So, Kid Rock confirms the converse, that many of his band members with covid are unvaccianted.

Also, how big is the band that he refers to it in percentages instead of just saying something like “3 guys have covid”? :thinking:

6 Likes

We are talking about Kid Rock here. Him and his Republican fans would demand that there be bangs.

15 Likes

I’m okay with that.

12 Likes

This is from 4 years ago, but nothing so completely encapsulates all my thoughts on this man, so I am posting it again.

26 Likes

Well you can be vaccinated and still get Covid. It was never 100% effective, and it is supposed to be a little less effective against the delta variant. Fortunately, it seems to still protect against requiring hospitalization.

I have a friend who got it after getting vaccinated, and felt bad, but not hospital bad.

12 Likes

Dont apologize for the vaccine!
I guarantee you less than 10% of his meathead crew were vaccinated but now they are all gonna retcon it and claim that, "Oh yeah, I was totally vaxxed [aginst mah will!] but — no surprise! — Fauci’s dumb vax had no effect!!

6 Likes

Oh well. yawn

24 Likes

Yep, I have a friend going though that right now. She and her husband are suffering, but not in the hospital.
They live in CO, and it got me wondering if the high altitude might play a role, bc they are both relatively young (mid-thirties), healthy, active, etc. But it seems like it’s all a bit of a crap shoot.

6 Likes

I know someone who is a member of a fancy club where one of the members once invited Kid Rock as his guest.

Kid Rock made such an ass of himself that not only was he removed from the premises, but the person who invited him was punished with a one-year suspension (during which time he still had to pay full club dues, which were substantial).

18 Likes

Name 5 top hits by Kid Rock. I don’t know 1 hit by him and glad for the blissful ignorance. Hope he gets Covid then changes his :notes:‘tune’.

Considering his ‘Hat’ sporting trademark concealing his existing ‘male pattern baldness’, he’d might rather hide facts over reality.

5 Likes

Who could have possibly foreseen inviting Kid Rock to a fancy club wouldn’t have worked out well??

He even has a fancy hat!

7 Likes

What’s the threshold, though? If precisely half the band was infected, would it have been acceptable to play all the shows, but once a singe additional member popped positive they cancel it all? Or would one third of the band being infected mean that they cancel every other show?

2 Likes

It’s one of those clubs where one measure of your stature is determined by how famous of a guest you can bring in to entertain everyone. Often it’s a nobel laureate or a famous artist or someone like that.

Clearly the Kid Rock incident really backfired for whoever took the gamble. I suspect many a monocle suffered a fall that evening.

17 Likes

“Pardon my language, but e’gads!”

2 Likes

20 Likes

well … here’s a deep dive into one of his “hits” What Makes This Song Stink Ep. 2 - Kid Rock "All Summer Long" featuring Justin Hawkins - YouTube