Kids at camp given floor sealant instead of milk to drink, parents say it was a poor substitute

Originally published at: Kids at camp given floor sealant instead of milk to drink, parents say it was a poor substitute | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Medication?

13 Likes

“Medication” is a strange word to use for this substance.

13 Likes

It’s medication for floors, giving them (and now kids’ stomachs) an “attractive, low lustre finish.”

14 Likes

Too bad no one in a position of authority seems too concerned about the kids brains having a “low lustre finish”.

10 Likes

D9XlM8-WsAcJ-6N

26 Likes

Newsweek reported that Weiss said the kids are doing great but had some stomach aches, headaches, and burning in their mouths and throats after ingesting the medication.

Im Fine GIF by MOODMAN

12 Likes

It’s not like these containers aren’t labeled…?

4 Likes

well you know, some kids were getting the runs so sealant seemed like a good plan.

3 Likes
4 Likes

The illustration that accompanies this piece reminded me of something that DALL-E might come up with, so I plugged in the first sentence just to see. I don’t know what those kids might think, but I think these images pretty well capture how I would expect to feel after a refreshing glass of floor sealant.

2 Likes

“To err on the side of caution we will be suspending the campfire sing-alongs until further notice.”

2 Likes

So does your colon, now…

5 Likes

I was going to feel really old if somebody didn’t have a New Shimmer comment on this post.

5 Likes

This may be a case of bad product design. If a product is potentially dangerous it should be obvious in some way.

There’s a subreddit called “Dangerous Design” and there you can see a collection of stuff like a bleach bottle that’s almost identical to a milk one, both with the same brand.

10 Likes

That’s because MidJourney is another AI of the kind DALL-E is. BB have been way ahead of the curve when it comes to AI post illustrations.

2 Likes

When in doubt, blame Sarah Palin.

1 Like

Though, these days, the milk might rival the sealant in terms of chemical content. Nonetheless, WTF.

2 Likes

I did not realize that, but it certainly explains a lot.

1 Like

Ugh, as if the kids didn’t read the required WHMIS workplace labels applied to all containers that the product was decanted into.