Kill part of an hour with this climb-around-a-table challenge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/08/kill-part-of-an-hour-with-this.html

4 Likes

I did something like this when staying in a campground with my climbing partner many years back. The park service had made concrete picnic tables, and there was a 2cm gap in the top that created an (almost good) hand crack. Goal being to traverse lengthwise underneath without touching the ground. Yes, beer was involved.

7 Likes

Is it wrong that I was kinda rooting for the table?

14 Likes

I thought the goal of this month was to avoid going to the hospital.

34 Likes

I prefer Jimmy Blenkinsop’s approach.

3 Likes

I was waiting for the table to collapse.

3 Likes

We used to do something very similar in Portland. But it involved chairs and we called it chair wresting. Some chairs were REALLY hard to get through the legs of.

6 Likes

Best part is that the video is 5 years old.

1 Like

Nope. I weigh far too much and have far too many dodgy joints and bones.

4 Likes

You know that thing about telling someone to not think about elephants, which then causes them to think about elephants non-stop? Well, the table vid is the instant cure for that.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m going to play Tropico now.

2 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger table.

6 Likes

I present my own challenge of ‘get up from the floor after kneeling under the desk looking for a cable’.

13 Likes

I wonder how easy someone like, say, Jackie Chan would make that look by comparison

2 Likes

So now I am eating, sitting cross-legged on the floor for at least 6 weeks.

1 Like

I combined watching this video with listening to tracks from Noah Wall’s “Alloys” album. It made for a cool soundtrack to a tense video. I fully expect Mission Impossible 7 to feature an Ethan Hunt Table Climbing scene.

3 Likes

To find an antidote for a deadly virus?

1 Like

“It was under the table, all along!”

3 Likes

Has anyone actually sat down and watched paint dry? I may dig out a can and give it a go…

1 Like

Coincidentally I just put on a coat of paint, watched to see if it dribbled, thought it was fine, went indoors, came out 5 minutes later – tiny flies trapped in it.

1 Like