Killer Kyle Rittenhouse is the poster boy for Trump NFTs

Originally published at: Killer Kyle Rittenhouse is the poster boy for Trump NFTs | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Is Trump actually involved in this business venture or are they just making money off his image? It seems like it would be courting Trump’s wrath do do this without his approval, but if he is involved then I wonder if he knows his image is being used in a parody of some poorly drawn cartoon monkeys.

18 Likes

It is stinking shit, all the way down.

23 Likes

Makes sense though. Trump is the original bored ape.

16 Likes

I would hope that the only NFTs hawked that would hold their value would be with Trump dressed in prison garb and behind bars, and still for far less than originally hoped for.

16 Likes

6 Likes

I looked at their web site and it’s not quite what I expected. It’s dumb and pointless, yes… but it doesn’t seem to be especially respectful of Trump either?

I’m honestly not sure who these stupid things are even supposed to appeal to. People who hate Trump will find them off-putting on principle and people who love Trump are likely going to be offended by some of the caricatures.

13 Likes

That’s an insult to bored apes.

8 Likes

Maybe best not to say,

“Just shoot me now.”

3 Likes

People who are as greedy as f–k and are expecting to make a quick buck buying them and quickly sellng them to the greater fool? I bet someone is going to make a lot of money off of this and many more will lose.

4 Likes

Yeah, but it seems like they’d have more luck if they specifically targeted either A) the greedy fucks who support Trump or B) the greedy fucks who hate Trump. These seem like something designed to alienate both.

7 Likes

Y’all let’s not help them get v2.0 of this right

1 Like

It remains to be seen which is more racist.

They wouldn’t be the first business not to know what their own customers want.

1 Like

looking on the bright side , perhaps these nfts are actually gifted to humanity by aliens . so the aliens can determine which humans to cull at a later dated based on which ones would be devolved enough to purchase and hold them.

‘Tis.

2 Likes

Wow, A right wing z-lister promoting a grift… I’m so shocked.

4 Likes

Wow, three of my least favorite things all in one post. Puke.

7 Likes

I guess they’re just dumb fucks.

5 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ. I can’t get over that Kyle Rittenhouse is a right-wing icon because he murdered some people. That’s literally all he’s done that’s noteworthy. He’s being given money because he killed people. He’s celebrated by the right for homicide, period. This is the most disturbing insight into right-wing culture right now - all that stuff about gays/the left being “groomers,” CRT spreading racist hate (etc.) isn’t being said because they believe it, they’re saying it in order to give themselves permission to murder people. Rittenhouse is a poster boy - but for the genocidal turn of the Republican party.

That bit alone is a description of these images. Also a only slightly metaphorical description of Trump himself.

Ironic crypto-bros? (Also: crypto bros who “ironically” support Trump?) So much of this NFT stuff is so incredibly stupid (and seemingly deliberately shit), whoever put this together might understand the target market better than we do.

Though I wonder if the real misstep was involving Rittenhouse, if the above really are the target demographic.

That bit is a given, though.

16 Likes