Kim Davis fundraiser shirt has terrible design

Well there’s her clause right there. Clearly she has none.

3 Likes

Are you seriously calling her a rebel without a clause?
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

More like a rabble without a clue.

2 Likes

she just has sh*tty judgment apparently…and is a horrible person.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought Rowan County was like next door or something.

Can I get the version that says “Judge Bunning and I stand with the Supreme Court”? Maybe with Lady Justice in the background and a nice rainbow pattern instead of the pink?

2 Likes

“For the first time, we’re seeing a Christian thrown in jail for standing up for her faith,” [Ted] Cruz told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly.

Wait a minute, what about that one time in Gethsemane? Or this? Or this?

Maybe he was specifically referring to women. Like this one.

But most likely, he meant in America. However, I’m sure there are a couple or three in this list whose arrests precede that of Davis.

2 Likes

The ~150,000 Martyrs of Vietnam came to mind.

Some of the more religiously extreme candidates are backing Kim Davis, but the mainstream of the right seems to be wanting to back away from this one.

Leading republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, on the topic of gay marriage vs Kim Davis:

"You have to go with it. The decision's been made, and that is the law of the land"

Fox news had its anchors and legal analysts all basically agreeing that Kim Davis has to follow the law - it’s three minutes of video that’s worth watching:

my personal favorite quote:

“When she took the job she swore to uphold the law,” Jarrett explained. “We rely on government officials to do that. They can’t just pick and choose what laws they like, which ones they don’t. If they were allowed to do that, wouldn’t that lead to chaos, anarchy and so forth?”
1 Like

Yeah, the Helveticans can be pretty extreme. Best to stay away from them.

1 Like

Did she think that her refusal to grant same-sex marriage licenses would be the catalyst that would roll back a Supreme Court decision and the majority of public opinion?

I only ask because the honorable thing to do would be to step down-- if she can no longer fulfill her duties and also follow her religious beliefs both, then the logical thing is to step down (it would show how serious she is about her beliefs because she would be giving up a pretty decent salary too.) This especially true because she took an oath to uphold the law (did she swear on a Bible, I wonder.) The fact that she didn’t just resign means she thought she could stop gay marriage dead in it’s tracks by putting her foot down.

1 Like

If you could issue or deny licences based on the dictates of your conscience, why couldn’t other clerks issue marriage licenses to same sex couples years ago without waiting for the law to change?

3 Likes

So, bad punctuation aside, what they’re saying is that they walk all over the Bible?

This just in:

She walked on stage to thunderous applause, the song “Eye of the Tiger” playing…

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

2 Likes

Kim, Davis and I

Stand on gods.

Word

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.

I haven’t followed all the ins and outs of this, but why the contempt of court? - could she not be fired / removed from office for refusing to do her job?

Clearly.

If you had, you’d know it’s an elected position and thus she cannot be fired, only impeached or somehow convinced to step down.

1 Like

After all those broken wedding vows I doubt He was taking her seriously by that point anyway.

You know what they say—“Fool God once; shame on you. Fool God four or more times; shame on the Almighty Father, creator of Heaven and Earth, all praise and glory unto His name.”

6 Likes

facepalm. (in comfortably safe-space lower case.)