Kim Davis' official emails: "Soldier of Christ", whippings by homosexual mob, and more!

Allowing her to keep her job is a win for the bat-shit crazy folks who are influencing her; people who – besides wanting the world to end SOON (I’m not joking)-- want our democracy replaced by a theocracy, based on their version of religious law. Like in the Middle East, but the American version. We will need a new word to describe these aspiring American Christian Taliban.

6 Likes

I’ve got no further words.

2 Likes

You hang out in the wrong clubs.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Presidents are vetted a bit more than county clerk or what ever the hell they are.

Most of those smaller positions people vote party lines and have no idea who the hell she is.

Evangelicals do, and EULA Christians. (Christians for whom the Bible is like a software license. Not to be read or understood. Just assume that you know what it means, scroll down to the bottom, and click “I Agree.”)

Those who are Christians as in “study the Bible and understand what their religion stands for”, may notice that the Bible clearly states that the Second Coming would happen 2000 years ago, within a lifetime of Christ’s death.

“For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

• Matthew 16:27-28 (NIV)

“Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

• Mark 13:29-30 (NIV)

“I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

• Luke 21:32 (NIV)

“Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.”

• Revelation 22:7 (NIV)

This isn’t something you can pin this on editing of the Bible by the Counsel of Nicea and those who came later. When the converts of Paul in Thessalonica were persecuted by the Roman Empire, they believed the end was upon them. This belief had largely dissipated by around AD 90, when Christians said, “We have heard these things [of the end of the world] even in the days of our fathers, and look, we have grown old and none of them has happened to us”.

20 Likes

The Bible also clearly states that Mrs. Davis isn’t going to be raptured away, even setting aside her divorces, dishonesty and whatnot.

According to the Book of Revelation there are only 144,000 that will be saved. Not only are girls not in on the thousand year reign of Jesus but those that were “defiled by women” are out of luck. In short, if you are not both male and a virgin then you are not to be saved from the tribulations.

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

• Revelation 14.3

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

• Revelation 14.4
9 Likes

We already have…

5 Likes

There is a word: dominionism. The belief that they’re charged by their god with the duty to enact its kingdom on earth.

6 Likes

144,000 virgin guys? Sounds like a pretty grumpy crowd.

13 Likes

Yeah, grumpy indeed. That would be an off-night at The Eagle.

6 Likes

We have a leather bar called the Eagle here too. Or at least we did in the 80’s and 90’s.

1 Like

Nah, they’ve already got their own 50 Shades knock-off.

Why don’t they just fire her?

2 Likes

Because she’s elected, not hired. It takes a recall to get her out of there and that’s a much more involved process. Though I believe the court will have the ability to remove her rights and responsibilities on the basis of contempt, depending on how much she affects the operation of the office, nonetheless she would retain the title and keep drawing a paycheck until recalled or voted out in the next election cycle.

3 Likes

God is still alive and on the throne!!!

And when he finishes up, I really wouldn’t go in there for a while.

21 Likes

I no longer feel any anger towards her actions.

She needs help for her severe mental problems, not hate :frowning:

8 Likes

The way Evangelicals write drives me up the wall. There’s one sentence with actual meaning, and it’s always buried in a paragraph of religious tropes. And these tropes are endlessly remixed, rearranged, and repeated every time these people communicate. On social media sites the Evangelicals are just punting empty phrases back and forth all damn day.

6 Likes

It’s like conservative thinking more generally–quick, easy answers that appeal to people who aren’t inclined to think through such things all that much.

22 Likes

If there is a god-like entity that does care about the goings on of our species, I feel sorry for it, as some small fraction of it’s omnipotence is tormented by these kind of zealous whack jobs. I side with They Might Be Giants on this matter…“people should get beat up for stating their beliefs”.

3 Likes

They can’t. She’s an elected official.

1 Like