Kim Davis welcome out of jail rally played “Eye of the Tiger” theme song

Let’s not insult the mentally ill now.

11 Likes

Hatorade is a hell of a drug.

7 Likes

Dixiecrat please.

1 Like

i blame lead in the water. at least until, years from now, we discover soda pop devours the empathy centers of the brain.

I hadn’t heard that, but it is ironic in that it’s the theme song for a movie about a boxer who loses the damn fight he spent the whole movie training for.

2 Likes

and the right wing and christian fundamentalists still despise a man who truly stood for religious conviction.

10 Likes

I’d just like to go on the record as saying, I’m totally down with getting stoned until I die. Sounds like an awesome way to go.

Despite being the single largest religious group in the country, no, because catholics aren’t part of the crazed revival tent circus. Tha Pope has spoken out against climate change, wants to forgive people for abortions (plus divorce but americans obviously don’t care about that), and applying social justice to gasp help the poor.

Also there’s the fact that pretty much every hated immigrant group was catholic (Latinos, Polish/East Europeans, Irish) and were seen as a subversive threat to the type of Whiteness the KKK believed in.

2 Likes

The most recent case I know of is how Dropkick Murphys called out Scott Walker on using their version of “I’m Shipping Up To Boston” in his meetings, while his policy is just about everything the band stands against.

“please stop using our music in any way…we literally hate you !!! Love, Dropkick Murphys”

5 Likes

I think the Imperial March would do a better job at conveying what is at play.

1 Like

Ah okay, so the Methodists then? When people say this is a ‘Christian’ nation, I want to know which Christian group it is so I can be ready.

Mosaic law? I assume then they haven’t read the book of Acts, nor Paul’s letter to the Galatians? It’s impossible to find a really accurate translation of Galatians, because Paul denounces people like this in crude, filthy language.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Semi-non-denominational protestant dominionists. You will know the adherents by their constant judging of other people, their loud psychological projections revealing the source of their self-loathing and their insistence that only their own religious freedom is ever under attack (from what or whom never clearly identified).

2 Likes

In other words we get to play this entire game all over again in two weeks.

Ah thanks for clearing that up!

So did she quit or is she going to issue licenses to all?

1 Like

YAy! It’ll be like the Hillary Clinton email disclosure order-- a continuous gift to journalism.

It’s from Rocky III.

The theme for Rocky was Gonna Fly Now.

2 Likes

Oh, so it was.

Still, the theme from Rocky III is an odd choice for someone so opposed to same-sex relationships.

11 Likes