Kim Davis welcome out of jail rally played “Eye of the Tiger” theme song

No, most of them made a rational (if ill informed) decision to be bigoted arseholes. They could have chosen not to.

Mental illness has nothing to do with it.

6 Likes

Regarding Blue Laws prohibiting alcohol sales on Sundays, they still have them in Alabama. I was just there and had to wait until noon to have that mimosa. When I was kid you also couldn’t open a retail store until after 1 pm on Sunday, but that changed in the 80’s, I think because the malls got to be such a big thing and had so many national retailers that were going to go ahead and open anyway.

Up here in NY my friends have told me they used to have them, too, which might surprise you unless you realize how many Catholics are up here. It’s a lot more religious and conservative here than people would have you believe.

Since I went to college in New Orleans, I really got used to the libertine alcohol laws there with some bars selling to high school students openly during the summers when college kids were away and business was down. I am tired of the religious zealots who couldn’t understand that not everyone bought their brand of religion or wanted their beliefs shoved down their throats. Being recently back in Alabama and around people who all insist that Jesus is the most wonderful person who ever lived, it makes me want to scream. Hey y’all, not everyone cares about Jesus that much.

6 Likes

“I think she’s a little sanctimonious, don’t you guys? I mean, honestly? You guys are with me on this, right? Wow. Just, holy Me, wow.”

What is wrong with you? Rocky III, sir! Rocky III!

Connecticut’s blue laws used to be very strict indeed. See Griswold v Connecticut.

As an aid worker in NO after Katrina, I was told by self-labeled “Christians” that the storm was the result of either America “pulling away” from Dog, or due to [insert arbitrary Xtian sin here]. I always wanted to ask if they’d taken the time to inform the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency about this particular threat to the country, but the few seconds they took to spout their bullshit was usually all I could handle in one sitting.

As for this K.Davis thing, it hasn’t been super hard to see real, live examples of political pandering in America, especially during (or near) a Presidential election year, but this whole nonsense about Davis’ arrest being an affront to religious liberty has got to be the worst I’ve seen. That two, TWO, candidates for the highest elected office in the land would care to show up and propagate this bullshit is revolting, and it weakens what little taste our Presidential politics sauce still had. …and I will not be taking suggestions as to what the sauce of Cruz of Huckabee might taste like thankyouverymuch

2 Likes

I really would love some freedom from these assholes.

1 Like

Being revolting is the modus operandi of Cruz and Huckabee.

Genuinely, I’d much rather have Trump as President than either of those two.

We know the ones that were correct were the Presbyterians.

There’s really no hope finding it now.

1 Like

Not to belabor the point, but I have PTSD, while that woman has a bad case of Christwhatanasshole.

2 Likes

[quote=“ChickieD, post:45, topic:65294”]
Up here in NY my friends have told me they used to have them, too, which might surprise you unless you realize how many Catholics are up here. It’s a lot more religious and conservative here than people would have you believe.
[/quote]NJ’s Bergen county is closed on Sunday. So don’t try to go to Ikea in Paramus on a weekend. Saturday it’s a nightmare and Sunday it’s closed.

1 Like

At first glance, my mind translated the url as “let me gay that for you.”

1 Like

Yes, all I’m finding is stories about Davis. The wikipedia page on the song only has some discussion of their debate over what to call the song. I’d never heard that. I don’t doubt it couldn’t have been used as a gay anthem or wasn’t written as one, but I haven’t seen anything about that.

Well, from here:

“This really isn’t a song that was meant to be a political statement – probably the No. 1 motivational song ever written," Peterik said. “This is not about taking political sides; certainly we’re very very surprised about it.”

So I’m guessing not, as far as writing, at least.

1 Like

Google still takes exclusions:

Nothing too relevant, unless you consider a YouTube of “gay boy sings eye of the tiger” an authoritative source.

What ever Creflo Dollar is.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.