'Kim Jong-un appears not to have undergone surgery,' South Korea media reports

We’ll happily chalk you down as a non-believer. We’re over here looking at various photos of Kim Jong-un with non-matching teeth and other facial differences.

Interesting you mention this, because the “Saddam Hussein” who was pulled out of the spider hole and swiftly hung had snaggle-teeth like any common peasant. In spite of so many pictures on record of him sporting his perfect teeth.

It’s just stunning to me that people on this site believe nothing that right wing fox news says without verification, but gladly believe what Chojoongdong says implicitly.

I’m not saying he’s a good guy. Just that I wish you’d apply the same scrutiny to right wing war mongering papers in other nations that you would to ours here in the states (or in the UK/western world.)

As you seem to know, you can often win a debate if you assert that your opponent’s sources are disreputable. Kind of cheeky of you to assert what my sources were without asking. Kind of risky.

Because the plant was still under construction in February.

2 Likes
1 Like

So which inspires the least trust? Our president or theirs?

I doubt that body doubles really work for external propaganda these days, what with every NK expert around the globe scrutinizing photographs (“body doubles” aren’t really doubles even with plastic surgery despite the Hollywood tropes). They might work for internal propaganda (even if someone in NK recognized that the double really wasn’t Kim Jong Un, it’s not like they’d point that out; accepting obvious lies is kind of how the system works).

1 Like

A plot by Dumas. How do we know that the one we see is the real Kim Jong-un?

1 Like

1 Like

Hah!

Love the chart, and yeah, it’s so true. Because you can have it both ways depending on whether your story is completely wrong or completely right with North Korea. If you’re wrong, you just say “Well, it was a government operation and we just went off our sources… but you know NK, they’re so secretive and clandestine” and if you’re right you just say “Yep. We bring you the truth on what’s happening in NK when no one else will.”

There’s literally no editorial blowback for getting it wrong over North Korea.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.