King Charles, breaking from tradition, will not be slathered with whale intestines and civet secretions

Originally published at: King Charles, breaking from tradition, will not be slathered with whale intestines and civet secretions | Boing Boing

9 Likes

How else are they supposed to mask the smell of King Charles?

17 Likes

Uh oh. This will piss off the conservatives. King Charles bowing to the woke enviro mob.

12 Likes

“chism oil” – not really. It’s “chrism” oil, which is an actual product with a very long history.

26 Likes

It’s not “chism”, which is not even a word, it’s “chrism”, related to "Christ’ and “christen” and a bunch of other words — chrism is an anointing oil and “Christ” means “the anointed one” (it’s not his name, as a lot of people think, it’s a title). You needn’t be expected to know all this, but did you not even bother to use a spellchecker? Fuck’s sake, man.

19 Likes

Needs more @thomdunn

The BBC article is quite clear it is “chrism”. Sorry almost an entire post built around a weak, smutty pun has to be abandoned.

13 Likes

Not bathed in civet secretions, not a real king is what I say!

12 Likes

Not really King Charles before he was king was Duchy of Cornwall, which means he was in “charge” of a large amount of farmland that paid for his lifestyle. (Said it was large farm) he made his traditional farmers go full organic and pretty much overnight made “organic” a premium luxury branding buzz word.

7 Likes

Which is also about the nicest thing you’ll ever hear me say about Cromwell.

Well, he came from a family of brewers, which could help explain the dissolution of the monasteries and the confiscation of their brewing equipment. So, he’s got that going for him.

ETA: grammar

6 Likes

Yeah, by all accounts Charles’ interest in environmentalism is genuine.

15 Likes

Oh? Does he sweat?

7 Likes

It’s glandular!

8 Likes

Fair play on my ugly error BUT I literally copy-pasted that text from the BBC. So maybe there was a typo there that someone since corrected? I’m embarrassing, yes, but not a linguistic monster!

18 Likes

FTA: “The new oil includes olive oil scented with a mix of essential oils, sesame, rose, jasmine, cinnamon, neroli and benzoin, with orange blossom also added.”

well honestly, that sounds lovely.

11 Likes

Last episode of The Bugle podcast was very efficient in making fun of this story :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not the same Cromwell.

10 Likes

If there is a massive, royal accident, and Prince Andrew jumps to the front of the queue, he should be anointed with a bathful of Jism Oil.

3 Likes

Which is just what a linguistic monster would say.

10 Likes

Well, then fuck him.

6 Likes

“OH MY GOSH IT’S USING WHALE VOMIT AND CIVET CAT ANAL GLAND JUICE!”

That stuff is classical perfumery ingredients. Don’t get all “BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE” about it. I mean, I drank some milk this morning. I drank the fatty secretions from cattle breasts! (my cat: “I have nipples, kevin. could you milk me?”) I guess maybe get upset if you think whales and civet cats shouldn’t be harvested, that’s reasonable complaint from an animal rights perspective.

Life is gross. Think about what happens when you have sex, and if no one did that there wouldn’t be anyone.

Somehow I feel weirdly boomerish after having written that.

25 Likes