Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/25/prince-charles-tests-positive.html

3 Likes

An utter twat. Apparently he was already showing symptoms when he moved up to Balmoral on Sunday.

6 Likes

Was he at Mar a Lago recently?

3 Likes

We’ve joked about it for years, but now it might actually be happening. The queen is going to outlast him.

22 Likes

I don’t like Prince Charles, but this really shows the infectivity for this virus. Imagine someone else like a barista or some other service industry worker who is in regular contact with people (probably many times more than Charles does being a public figure) which gives a picture of how bad this pandemic will get in my opinion. >_>

23 Likes

He probably caught it from the man whose job it is to squeeze toothpaste onto his toothbrush. It is credibly alleged that he does have somebody do that, or used to - Camilla may have changed things, but it’s doubtful.

And then there’s the clingfilm revelation, in this article:

6 Likes

He is an anti-vaxxer. Serves him right.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’ll be fine - he has some of the UK’s finest homeopathic remedies at his disposal.

13 Likes

And his status is of course controversial:

11 Likes

That’s right. Refusing the COIVD-19 vaccine was certainly his downfall.

5 Likes

He must have hated the shit out of these Filipinos then.
https://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/26/world/asia/philippines-prince-charles-measles-vaccination/index.html

17 Likes

I’m waiting for the headline, "Astronaut returning from the ISS tests positive for coronavirus. "

/s or not…

4 Likes

I guess we won’t be updating this after all.

9 Likes

Perhaps he also has one of these:

4 Likes

King William it will be, then.

5 Likes

Quick check of wallet. Well, I’ll be… The Queen’s picture is on the twenty!

3 Likes

I don’t anything bad to happen to anyone, but the first I heard of this, I hoped he doesn’t interact with the other members of the royal family so we don’t have a King Ralph situation. At our lockdown we morbidly reviewed the line of succession, just in case.

4 Likes

Canada will be crowning King Harold III as sovereign.

4 Likes

But given that his symptoms are said to be mild, like many I wonder how he was tested when many NHS and social care workers cannot get tested.

I’m not sure I agree with that. The system we have for selecting our head of state is ludicrously archaic. But given that’s what we’ve got, it would seem irresponsible not to keep close tabs on the health of the heir to the throne, especially as the person he’s heir to is also in a high risk group.

Admittedly, the practical effects of suddenly swapping Brenda for Wills (and that was my immediate thought when I first heard the news) may be quite low, but the disruption and upset it could cause among a largely royalist and already jittery public may not be.

6 Likes

“Who died and made you king?”

Prince Charles: Nobody

9 Likes