King Charles, breaking from tradition, will not be slathered with whale intestines and civet secretions

I’m kind of doubting that the author is necessarily in control of the actual process of posting, and making corrections might need intervention from a centralized administrator…

@orenwolf

6 Likes

Everything I know about ambergris I learned from Futurama (and searching online after watching that episode.)

How do you become king then?

2 Likes

Well, at least he’s not trying to tie homeopathy into it, right? It would be fitting in regards to curious ingredients of largely symbolic purpose. He wouldn’t dare try to keep promoting that, would he…?

1 Like

Fixed, thanks.

7 Likes

Further proof that monarchy is all just LARPing and getting paid billions of dollars for it. I wonder if he has to make a saving throw vs whale sperm for the oil to have maximum effect?

7 Likes

I don’t know how they do it elsewhere, but here in the UK it’s a lottery.
Draw the right ticket at birth and - hey presto - you win a crown.

(That’s obviously just sarcasm - the truth is you work hard and earn it)

6 Likes

John Goodman Oops GIF by MANGOTEETH

5 Likes

I apologize that I am have other responsibilities that keep me from constantly refreshing these comments in order to fix a blog post over which I have no administrative control. Tá brón orm.

14 Likes
7 Likes

Natasha Lyonne Perfection GIF by Team Coco

Tá sé go maith!

7 Likes

You’re not as far from the truth as you think. Don’t forget, the British monarch is ALSO the head of the Anglican Church, and the coronation DOES have a lot of ritual that originally comes from Catholic investiture ceremonies.

This charming channel has interesting stuff about coronations, crypts, and other cool British stuff:

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone noticed but the article now says Chrism instead of Chism. Has anyone thought to call the Pope?

Am I doing this right?

5 Likes

… presumably the slang term for ■■■■■ is based on the Greek word for ointment, rather than it being a coincidence or the other way around :thinking:

3 Likes

He IS the enviro mob. Maybe not woke, but I doubt his interest in conservation has ever been in doubt.

2 Likes

Well that is the most American thing I have ever heard. Did none of them have any gun oil on them?

5 Likes

What if later he gets passed through the bile duct of a sperm whale’s intestines. Would that count? I think it would.

Ah, clearly that makes it all ok? It just shows you that the perfume industry is awful.

4 Likes

huh. and here i thought he had to wrestle a whale. ( or i guess now an olive bush? ) this whole thread only gets more and more confusing.

monarchy. how does it work?

6 Likes