King of the Hill is getting a revival series

I think Stephen Root could just play Bill.

9 Likes

Yes, he’s totally got the right level of depressive to pull it off.

2 Likes

They kinda addressed that in the sequel series

TL;dw he’s burned out and implied to be suffering from PTSD and living on disability

2 Likes

Oh, I cannot wait to see what they do with this. I’d love to see many many more seasons of KotH and what they do with “Rusty Shackeford” and his antics, LOL. When it first aired, I was skeptical since I thought Beavis and Butthead was one of the worst things to come out of Liquid Television. Ironically, KotH has characters that came from Beavis and Butthead…

It would be nice to have something that is less political - in the vein of Bob’s Burgers - to unwind to. The hippie-punching on things like Family Guy and South Park gets rather tiresome.

1 Like

Huh. I thought it was fantastic. Obviously your mileage may vary. Most definitely, it changed television (for the better, IMHO). You can draw a timeline and there is Before Twin Peaks (BTP) and After Twin Peaks, ATP. I think Twin Peaks was the beginning of the awakening in Hollywood that not everyone in America is a blooming idiot (that everyone has to settle for sitcoms with laugh tracks so they know when to laugh, or everything has to be a courtroom drama or a police procedural) - I think HBO/Showtime/Starzs + DVRs and then later streaming services really put that notion to bed. Thankfully.

1 Like

He’s got the right level of playing Bill for a long time, too.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.