Kleptocracy excited by news of pro-Trump candidate's felony theft charges

This is when she got caught. The punchline would be if she’d secretly been stealing and selling hundreds of shopping carts for years, and the contents were just misdirection. As a liberal softy, I hope she and the other 19% of the population that voted like she did get the help they need.

5 Likes

Leaving the thefts aside (how did she steal items worth so much?), this jumped out at me:

Stella has said publicly that she was the victim of a severe violent assault in 2008. She is charged with the thefts under her former surname, which the Guardian agreed not to report because she said it could endanger her safety.

“No one must know who I am - therefore I’ve decided to become a (highly) public figure!” Uhhh, yeah, sure.

15 Likes
9 Likes

Shoplifting shmaplifting, who cares?
If she’s running against Omar she is probably an awful person.

1 Like

requisite:

13 Likes

Republicans aren’t even trying in that district.

It seems to be open season for nutjobs or in this case, felons.

2 Likes

In my store they do that and when they are caught they threaten to shoot you.

That’s what I get for living in Marin, I guess.

3 Likes

:joy:
What a wanker. That facial expression, tho!

3 Likes

Guys guys guys, it’s OK, she’s just practicing for when she gets the job.

6 Likes

Yeah those numbers are only small time awful. To really get with the program she needs to up her grift to millions and billions like Steve Mnuchin, Wilber Ross and so on. Then mb she’s cabinet material… IF she’s easy on the eyes. /trump

She seems nice.

4 Likes

What? Have we become so befuddled we don’t recognize a KGB agent when we see one? She’s here to spring Maria B.

1 Like

Any smart republican in the MN 5th would move to another district. It’s almost not even worth my time to research the Republicans before I vote yet I do it anyway just to be sure. Pretty much the only way I wouldn’t end up voting for Omar again was if she got primaried and that isn’t going to happen.

3 Likes

Witness and wonder at the succulent chocolate cake that is the kakistocracy.

2 Likes

As a fellow softy, I agree entirely. Heck, even from a stone cold pragmatic rehabilitationist, our punitive justice/penal system is as wasteful as it is inhumane.

7 Likes

It’s as if the only remaining value on the political right is poor impulse control.

As a leftie I can just about appreciate a classic right winger with a deep rooted belief in fiscal responsibility who advocates a measured approach to reform and progress. I don’t agree, but at least they make an interesting contribution to public debate. However, I would wager that today such old school conservatives make up no more 15% of the political right. The rest are just unhinged individualists, “Compassion and morals are for suckers. Nobody gets to tell me what is right or wrong!”

6 Likes

Every day seems to bring a new breakthrough in stupid. You think you have isolated the purest, most concentrated form of stupid known to science, and it’s weaksauce before you get your paper reviewed.

4 Likes

It seems that the GOP is going to basically run against Omar across the country - find the lone rookie congressman who has some easily twistable positions and, more importantly, a scary headscarf.

It’s only fair that the Dems should make Steve King the poster boy for the GOP. All the racism and stupidity of Trump with none of the cachet. For bonus points it would drive Trump nuts if the Dems just ignored him and claimed that the GOP was the party of Steve King…

Poor impulse control. Loss of executive function.

4 Likes

I’m gonna jump in and point out that self-checkout thievery is more common than to peg it to just a few odd people.

6 Likes

This.

Far too many people engage in this behaviour to blame it on mental illness (which is against our guidelines, regardless of whether or not you think you are being kind). Your neighbour, your coworker… hell, even members of your family. All it takes is believing that the reward is worth the risk and having some kind of justification for doing so.

5 Likes