Kranch dressing is a real product you can buy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/30/kranch-dressing-is-a-real-prod.html

6 Likes
13 Likes

So basically Pommes Schranke nach Amerikanischer Art?

3 Likes

The Scanners live a horribly lonely and difficult life, punctuated by brief intervals of cranching —use of a device that temporarily restores normal neural connectivity.

16 Likes

Got little puke in the back of my mouth on that one. This is proof positive that Satan is real.

6 Likes

Should go great with a Pizza Americano.
Which I first saw on the menu in a tourist trap in Finale Ligure ten years or so ago.

13 Likes

$12.69 (!!!) @AMZ, $2.98 @Walmart. Krap for sale…

i saw Mayosup at HEB yesterday. so gross but reminded me of Vaunnies Mustardayonnaise. so without further adieu:

11 Likes

what is? ranch + ketchup?

4 Likes

Came here to post this very clip. Well played!

Previously:

Oh, and while we’re at it:

3 Likes

Yup; regular condiments that are probably already in most people’s fridges right now, that one can mix together oneself, for a fraction of a fraction of the cost.

SMH

9 Likes

Breakfast of Champions!

5 Likes

Goodbye Daddy, I’m dying. med_1471687768_image

5 Likes

Oh man, they actually did that one in real life. I wonder if they chose the akward sounding “mayomust” because Mr Show had already made fun of the other obvious choices. https://www.today.com/food/heinz-creates-new-new-mashup-condiments-mayocue-mayomust-t149823

but why KRanch - the only thing from ketchup is the K?

should’ve been Ranchup, or Kranchup

but definitely not Retchup.

12 Likes

That sure is what comes to mind when thinking about it.

9 Likes

The birth or Ranchup

Survey: What do you put on your fries?
• Ketchup 69%
• Ranch 16%
• Mayo 5%
• Mustard 6%
• Other 4%
An actual 2014 unscientific survey here Note: the maths don’t add up

Meeting At Conglomerated Processed Foods Worldwide Incorporated International ¹
● Corporate executive - Clearly we must cater to the widest audience possible so we are mixing the top 2 replies.
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey -Shouldn’t we just sell ranch and ketchup, as we currently do.
● Corporate executive - I worked in the movie industry and we have to appeal to everybody, plus in this day and age we must show both sides of the argument.
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey -Sir, they could just mix ranch in with their ketchup at home. We could just advertise ranch for fries.
● Corporate executive - But what about the ketchup for salad people.
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey - What?
● Corporate executive - Clearly the survey shows that people need to start putting more ketchup on their salads.
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey - But the survey doesn’t ask… [Cut off]
● Corporate executive - Kranch or Ranchup?
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey - What‽ Kranch‽ Ranchup‽
● Corporate executive - Yes, that’s the question. Kranch or Ranchup ? Send it to the advertising boffins²- but I am pushing ranchup.
:black_small_square: Corporate lackey -Yes sir, ranchup will become a new word, a hashtag, a meem unlike any other. [Under breath]I’m going to ranchup all over the place.
● Corporate executive - There’s our advertising slogan! “Ranchup all over the place!” - make it happen Hennimore³!

Note 1: This dramatization is completely fictitious but could be true if the facts supported it. Note 2: Boffin, I like the word. Note 3: All celebrity impersonations completely implied and figments of your imagination. Edits for clarity and sources.

7 Likes

Bless you! I’d completely forgotten about that one… and about “The Best of Cordwainer Smith” book that’s been hiding deep in my library since 1976… which I’ve just pulled from the shelf. Dusty! (Included in the book is the 2000 AD to 16000 AD timeline of events covered by C.W., collated by sci-fi editor John J. Pierce. Examples, verbatim from the timeline: the collapse of all nations save China; rule of the Jwindz; early planoforming; and programming of embryos).

Guess what I’ll be reading today.

1 Like

Looks like an Italian joke played on ugly Americans.

2 Likes