Kucinich is running for Ohio Governor, and he's promised to end fossil fuel extraction and sue Big Oil

Darn, they should have got Marie du Santiago to glower at the opposition voters.

He became a Fox News talking head for a while and attacked Obama whenever possible (from the left). He said good things about Trump’s inauguration address, and said Democrats should work with Trump. Maybe to keep his job, or because Trump is (relatively) popular in Ohio? Who knows, but either way he sold out and I count him among the untrustworthy now.

7 Likes

I’ve always been annoyed by Kucinich, who is a spoiler for Democrats and not effective as a legislator. Is it because he is far to the left? Perhaps, but still, he doesn’t persuade anyone or get anyone on board. That’s a bad legislator, left or right.
On the other hand, bold, easy-to-remember ideas are important, and maybe he’ll be more effective as a governor. Democrats could, I think, emulate the rhetoric.

sarcasm-speech-impediment

5 Likes

Oh he is just so impure. What a Judas, amirite?

How many elections have you won? I bet it’s 4-5 less than him.

In May, Sean Hannity brought Kucinich on his show and announced that the former congressman was “making major news.” Kucinich then proceeded to warn that “our country itself is under attack from within.” “You have a politicization of the agencies that is resulting in leaks from anonymous, unknown people,” he said, “and the intention is to take down a president. This is very dangerous to America. It’s a threat to our republic. It constitutes a clear and present danger to our way of life.” “You’re saying President Trump is under attack by the deep state intelligence community?” Hannity later asked. “I believe that,” Kucinich said.

What was your question again?

4 Likes

I live in his old district (moved here after he left). I’ve talked to many here concerning him, and just as Hoosier’s were glad to get rid of Pence, the folks I’ve talked to feel that same way about “the Kuch”.

2 Likes

I also live in his district and have had very different conversations, especially during the Lakewood hospital fight. Historically the closer you got to Lakewood the more popular he was. I’m not sure where you are in the district, but generally by the time you got out by Strongsville he flipped from incredibly popular to Satan incarnate.

1 Like

lol. I don’t know anyone rich enough to live in Lakewood. Most of the folks I deal with are further south. Interesting how his reputation is so regional.

Partly that is the political split in the region. The southwest suburbs are almost Republican and Lakewood is certainly not. Beyond that is the constituent services issue. If you were in Lakewood or Parma it was a short drive or walk to his office. There’s also a lot of residual bitterness over his mayoral term. The outer suburbs tend to have taken in a lot of the negative press without seeing any of the upsides of his term. West Park is filled with cops who never forgave him for the Hongisto thing.

2 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me and I don’t think it’s any sort of change for kucinich’s past positions. Left wing or not he’s always bought into and promoted conspiracy theories and teamed up with fringe GOP members to push them.

He’s had some fairly isolationist positions in the past. And he’s made some arguments in favor of restricting legal immigration and well.

Deep state conspiracies should be candy for this guy. I can absolutely see how he’d think trumps conspiracy beliefs and “america first” rhetoric made him worth cooperating with.

2 Likes

Kucinich is a grade A nutball and troll, with lots of truly insane enthusiasms (he thinks aliens abducted him, he buys into a bunch of anti-science and conspiracy idiocies), plus until he thought he could run for President he was anti-choice. As a politician he was already a spent force a few years ago when he contemplated running for Congress in Washington State, though he’d never lived within a thousand miles of the district. And he’s 71 years old, when we need to be building the party, not electing past-it kooks looking for one last hurrah (or paycheck). He should go away.

4 Likes

Sometimes, the voices in his head try to talk to the voices in my head

I, for one, hope Leisure Suit Larry kicks butt this time.

That’s why i said “there’s a chance”. I was just throwing out the possibility.

To be honest, I’m perfectly happy just thinking of Kenickie. :wink:

Good to know you’ll answer that question when a man asks it.

4 Likes

Kucinich admired Trump’s Inaugural Address (the one George W. Bush called “some weird shit”):

He accused the “Deep State” of going after Michael Flynn because they wanted to re-ignite the Cold War:

As mentioned above, on Hannity he accused the “Deep State” of wanting to take down the President:

He said that Trump Jr.'s meeting with the Russians was “a bunch of nothing”.

He met with Bashar Al-Assad in Syria, and said we should let him stay in power to stabilize the country.

Happens that I agree with him on the need to end dependence on oil, and that Big Oil has a lot to answer for. But he’s a nut job (always has been). Richard Cordray is a far better choice.

1 Like