Kushner, unaccustomed as he is to public speaking

4 Likes

Well, honestly it hasn’t been all that long since we had an actual President who couldn’t string six syllables together. I mean, W wasn’t exactly shy and retiring, and never seemed to mind spouting off whatever entered his head, and I guess he eventually had buckets of practice at public speaking, but he sure as shit never got any good at it.

2 Likes

People missed - or weren’t explicit about - what was highly problematic about that. The president of the United States makes official statements via Twitter that impact the whole world. But apparently they’re so casual, so ill-considered, that he loses focus - or consciousness - right in the middle of writing one and doesn’t even notice. That’s a big deal. Likewise, it’s kind of a big deal that Jared, despite clearly not knowing what he’s doing, or having any of the appropriate skills, has been put in such a critical position (or technically, multiple critical positions). This shit is all really scary, but everything is so not-normal that these warning signs just get joked about rather than properly examined.

2 Likes

I agree.

And the post would have been better served (and received a better response) by merely presenting the video, and B’s comment needing nothing more than, “Observe.”

1 Like

You know, I was going to add something about Kushner not be a threat to Donald, and how that connects in ‘some way’ to Ivanka… but I’m not.

I’m in the camp that thinks crediting Jared Kushner with anything at all is unwarranted. Is he a smart guy? I don’t know. Sure. Is he a calm, thoughtful guy? No idea. The one thing I know for sure about him is that he is drastically, tragically underqualified for the role he’s been put in.

1 Like

2 Likes

Plus the fact that the whole administration was silent and then ludicrous about it (Spicer’s idiocy).

2 Likes

Is that what they are calling dingle berries now?

3 Likes

2 Likes

That really didn’t help. Of course they weren’t going to admit what really happened, because what happened is actually rather disturbing in its implications, but that they couldn’t deal with it at all…

1 Like

The Shakespeare has me thinking about this administration. It really is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

1 Like

Super classy responses, Rob.

By all means prop up your tabloid-worthy trash with the same defences the paparazzi use to take upskirt shots of celebrities getting out of cars. His ability to speak out aloud —like the presence or absence of panties— isn’t relevant. He’s an advisor, not the press secretary. The only public “interest” here is to mock him for a physical (and largely immutable) property.

Good to see a bit of Spongebob and it’s nice to see you’re equal-opportunities when it comes to mocking people to suit your own mood.

Unsubbed. Good luck.

Wipe your chin before you talk, son.

2 Likes

haha :slight_smile:
I still proudly stand by my words. even if I might need a cane!

W was a brilliant speaker. (As long as you didn’t listen to what he actually said , that is). He was charming and funny and relateable to the ‘common man’.

… and also rarely actually verbalised any real content. If it sounded like he did, he didn’t.

You must never misunderstimate that man.

.Kushner - fine voice. I sound like a have nasal herpes. People listen to me then immediately ask “where are you from? I can’t place it”. I sound so different in my mind. I don’t know the person in the recording.

So long as I can make out what someone is saying - as I keep telling my sweet kids - their vocal qualities don’t even register with me.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.