Kyle Rittenhouse battles Lin Wood for $2 million bail money

I’m no fan of Rittenhouse, but given that it’s Lin Wood on the other side, I say we give the kid his AR-15 back and let them sort it out between themselves.

3 Likes

How quickly can we get a bespoke tannerite suit made in Linn Wood’s size? And let’s make sure this contest happens in a small, confined concrete-lined space.

3 Likes

Not a suggestion; just what I see happening in the near future.

2 Likes

Seized by the state as the ill gotten gains of fraud?

2 Likes

Give them both one. Better to have no survivors.

1 Like

If there is any shot of Rittenhouse’s victims’ families being awarded damages in civil trials then I guess it would be best for Rittenhouse to have the money just long enough to lose it. Not optimistic that he’d be held liable in those forums either however.

10 Likes

I hate to say it, but given how the criminal trial went, it is entirely possible that Rittenhouse will sue the families of his own victims…

4 Likes

Talk about the pot calling the kettle white.

3 Likes

That is the correct answer.

5 Likes

I was thinking “give the money back to the donors” then realized the donors are likely worse human beings than Rittenhouse.

Wisdom.

4 Likes

“…wh0re this kid out for money.” Is basically this kids job description now.

Aslo, WTF BoingBoing? I’m quoting YOUR post, why can’t I use the same words?

2 Likes

They used to be one. But the joke was : how does the ACLU count to 10? 1, 3, 4…

Now, they’ve made a negative public statement about Rittenhouse’s use of the Fifth to not talk to the cops until he had a lawyer. This is not the actions of a reputable civil rights organization.

You, uh, got a citation there?

4 Likes

Ohwow

6 Likes

Maybe that’s because they care about civil rights rather than amendments, and as pretty much every country other than the US can see, the second amendment has grown far past anything to do with those. :unamused:

9 Likes

I’m shocked that they failed to equate the right to protest with the right to shoot protesters

9 Likes

I wouldn’t. I’d want him to be too broke to afford competent legal council, with lots of money and good council he could drag it out for years and years until the parents are too broke to continue the suits.

3 Likes

They also have an actual position on the Second Amendment, one they’d defend if it came up. Ammosexuals disagree with that position, but since they know a lot less about Constitutiomal law they can only respond with weak, fact-free “jokes”.

https://www.aclu.org/other/second-amendment

6 Likes

Kyle Rittenhouse’s verdict is so absurd that had any of his victims killed Kyle Rittenhouse they would have been found not guilty too. When literally everyone involved can equally claim self-defense in case of death the entire purpose of self-defense is moot. Anyone that supports that kind of wild west bullshit is ridiculous.

However, the ACLU is not upset with Kyle Rittenhouse specifically. They have condemned the Kenosha police for encouraging vigilantes from white-supremacist organizations to come to Kenosha with guns and giving them undue and unfair treatment. You know, the root cause of both the protest and Kyle Rittenhouse gunning people down. What you have appeared to have done is poorly twist a bad talking point, torturing it into gibberish. The ACLU has zero obligation to speak against the prosecution for implying Rittenhouse looks guilty by never giving testimony until all other public accounts have been given (you know, the thing his defense did strategically including staging hilariously fake crying at the right moment), and it’s not a civil liberty concern since the court literally upheld Rittenhouse’s 5th amendment right publicly so there wasn’t a violation anyways. There’s nothing for them to make a statement about, the court functions properly for white teens with GOP backers surprising no one.

12 Likes

The NRA has at least three times as many dues-paying members as the ACLU and only has one Amendment to worry about.

Even if you accept the (highly dubious) proposition that the right to carry dangerous firearms around in public is a fundamental civil right on par with voting and the right against self-incrimination, the idea that the Second Amendment doesn’t have anyone looking out for it is absolutely absurd—if anything it’s the most over-protected Amendment of the bunch and it would be a terrible use of the ACLU’s limited resources to focus on it.

Imma gonna echo @Jesse13927’s request for a citation on that one. I’ve read the statements the ACLU put out immediately after the verdict and that wasn’t one of the issues they had with Rittenhouse’s behavior. I think you may be accidentally or intentionally conflating questions raised by the prosecution with a statement from the ACLU.

10 Likes