Kyle Rittenhouse broods after venues — including tonight's — keep canceling on him

The sad irony is that he specifically shot people who were exercising their First Amendment rights. His goal was to censor people.

26 Likes

He shouldn’t be complaining about his inability to leverage his murders for profit, he should be grateful he’s not rotting in jail where he belongs. It’s beyond infuriating that this travesty of justice has made him feel so invincible that he dares to whine about not getting his way.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Youre-terminated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 Likes

What could he possibly have to say? It’s not like he rose to prominence on his wit and insight.

12 Likes

Agreed.

And in the spirit of that line, I’m going to take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, and be grateful he’s having this trouble and isn’t selling out concert arenas. Not to diminish anyone’s suffering. Just to pull my own sanity together a bit.

15 Likes

Is there actually a “woke army” getting the event cancelled? Is it just a planned protest or are the venue owners just having second thoughts about hosting figures such as Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum’s killer? Have any speaking events like these been disrupted in the same way that drag queens reading books to children have been? I don’t know the answers to these questions, but a cursory search only revealed venue owners being threatened in retaliation for the cancellation.

15 Likes

Exactly. The people who organize these events don’t want to invite people who might surprise them.

7 Likes

It’s only oppression if it’s done to “conservatives”* (and murderers who had a judge that was dewy eyed over making sure he was acquitted).

*Nazis, they are basically nazis now.

7 Likes

That got me thinking about another well-known brainless twit and said twit’s ugly arc and karmic fate.

10 Likes

The brewery claims that they didn’t know who the keynote speaker was until there was a news article about it. The brewery decided to cancel and it was only after canceling that the brewery started receiving threats. Needless to say the threats were not from a woke mob. They were from conservatives. The brewery has explicitly stated that no one forced them to cancel and that there was no woke mob encouraging them to do so

Edited to make sure I said it was the brewery that cancelled

13 Likes

They should post a link to the Michael B. Tager’s Nazi bar thread.

[No Threadreader unroll and it would be too ironic to link to Elon’s bar, so I’ll quote it in full.]

I was at a shitty crustpunk bar once getting an after-work beer. One of those shitholes where the bartenders clearly hate you. So the bartender and I were ignoring one another when someone sits next to me and he immediately says, “no. get out.”

And the dude next to me says, “hey i’m not doing anything, i’m a paying customer.” and the bartender reaches under the counter for a bat or something and says, “out. now.” and the dude leaves, kind of yelling. And he was dressed in a punk uniform, I noticed

Anyway, I asked what that was about and the bartender was like, “you didn’t see his vest but it was all nazi shit. Iron crosses and stuff. You get to recognize them.”

And i was like, ohok and he continues.

"you have to nip it in the bud immediately. These guys come in and it’s always a nice, polite one. And you serve them because you don’t want to cause a scene. And then they become a regular and after awhile they bring a friend. And that dude is cool too.

And then THEY bring friends and the friends bring friends and they stop being cool and then you realize, oh shit, this is a Nazi bar now. And it’s too late because they’re entrenched and if you try to kick them out, they cause a PROBLEM. So you have to shut them down.

And i was like, ‘oh damn.’ and he said “yeah, you have to ignore their reasonable arguments because their end goal is to be terrible, awful people.”

And then he went back to ignoring me. But I haven’t forgotten that at all.

25 Likes

Can I join?

12 Likes

I’m thinking the brewers booked and cancelled specifically for the PR and to stick it the event organizers.

3 Likes

I’m confused. I meant the brewery cancelled the event. Do you think the brewery booked and cancelled for the publicity? It’s possible but would be playing with fire. Rottenhouse (typo but I like it) and his ilk are known for violence.

I edited my post in case my use of “they” led to the impression it was the organizers who cancelled

10 Likes

Thank you

5 Likes

Did you try to create one? If you paste the thread’s URL into the search box on the Threadreader site it will generate an unroll.

2 Likes

I did, but it said the thread was too old. First time that happened to me It’s odd because there should have been an unroll of that popular threadarchived by someone else. Maybe something to do with Musk pulling the API keys?

4 Likes

That story has me picturing the local patrons cited in the article in the “are we the baddies?” skit.
“Are we the woke mob?”

Also, good on those venues. It shouldn’t have taken their patrons bringing it to their attention, but at least they did the right thing once that happened.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.