Kyle Rittenhouse evading civil suit, say lawyers

100% certain Nevada is one of the states in question. local reddit here in Reno periodically posts pix of him shopping in the area, and hanging out with local Proud Boys. it’s disgusting. Hope they find him.

9 Likes

Of course. The ones who are here…commenting.

Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

14 Likes

I can’t honestly say I find you all that funny.

13 Likes

Yes, nothing but McDonalds wrappers and classified documents.

6 Likes

According to the judge he was already effectively served. Be fun if he defaults.

9 Likes

farewell GIF

10 Likes

The technicality of the decedent having been actively attacking the killer during the incident. “But he was trying to stop a killer!” But he didn’t personally know it was in fact Rittenhouse, and Rittenhouse wasn’t actively attacking anyone at that time. Only cops have the privilege to use force to stop someone if they don’t have personal knowledge of the offense. He was right that Rittenhouse had killed someone, but if he was wrong, and Rittenhouse was killed by a skateboard to the back of the head (which very well could have happened, if he’d decided to hit a couple more times with the skateboard instead of trying to pull the rifle that wouldn’t have gone anywhere(because it was retained by a sling)), then Huber would have been up for murder charges, just like those idiots from Georgia.

This is why the estate of Huber is probably going to lose (at least WRT to Rittenhouse). He didn’t have the legal right to attack Rittenhouse.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Yells of someone being shot and a guy sporting an assault rifle nearby

Because skateboards are deadly weapons on par with a fucking assault rifle???

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Brandon Are You Kidding Me GIF by Harlem

Had Huber succeeded the story would have read “Mass murder spree stopped by skateboard”
The only reason it didn’t is because the corrupt cops let the little murdering shit run away from the scene and the judge put his thumbs on the scales during the trial

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

Those idiots from GA almost weren’t prosecuted. They weren’t “trying to stop a crime” they were murdering a black man for being in the wrong place.

The DA sat on the case for months and had to be shamed into charging them. When the video the murderers took at the scene was out.

23 Likes

Now apply that standard to Rittenhouse’s actions.

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

18 Likes

From the, “yes, and,” school of thought, the way Rittenhouse’s trial was tried matches the way so many police officer’s trials are tried. For example, they get a no-knock warrant, don’t even verify the address, bust into someone’s house in the wee hours all duded up in tactical gear, then rain fire and fury on some poor sap who’s just woken up to this nightmare, and the only thing they need to prove at trial is that, in that precise split second when they shot the poor sap, they reasonably thought the person might’ve been a threat.
There’s nothing looking at all the decisions that led up to them being in that situation in the first place.
And, I know, it’s more difficult with a big police department, but it should’ve reasonably played a role in Rittenhouse’s trial. Why did the jury only get to look at whether or not he might’ve felt threatened in that moment but not at any of his decisions that led him to that moment, yet they got to hear all about the ‘questionable’ history of his victims. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Our system is better than nothing, but it’s so skewed.

16 Likes

That word… it does not mean what you seem to think it means.

16 Likes

How many times have we been told by conservatives that the best way to counter gun violence is for citizens to take out the shooters on their own? How many people does a psycho have to mow down with their assault weapon before another person is allowed to overpower them and take their firearms away?

19 Likes

I know eh? I’m replying to one right now…

1 Like

Comparing the protesters trying to stop Rittenhouse to a lynching? That’s really shitty.

16 Likes

“If” doesn’t factor into this. He was right, and he was defending himself the best he could against a man with a semi-automatic weapon.

ETA:
I swear, by the time these trials are done Rittenhouse’s apologists and lawyers are going to be blaming Jacob Blake for these deaths by starting the chain of events that forced poor innocent Kyle to drive 20 miles from his town to another state in order to join a group of far-right vigilantes to defend property none of them had any stake in, using a semi-automatic rifle he was not allowed to carry.

16 Likes

Which should not have been admitted in the first place. It was both prejudicial and lacked any probity. Plus the defense got to put two fake expert “video interpretation” witnesses without prior notice or disclosure. A major procedural no no. All to undermine the FBI testimony showing he chased the first victim at first.

Basically of the judge acted in a similar fashion to favor the prosecution, there would be several grounds for appeal.

14 Likes

Against a man who waded into an area police were asking the public to stay away from, across state lines, with a borrowed gun. :man_shrugging:

People never proclaim the most obvious stuff when they make this argument.

16 Likes

Somehow “what if the guy I killed had a gun?” can be used as a get-out-of-jail-free card for a white conservative who shoots others, but “that guy actually had a gun and clearly intended to shoot people with it” doesn’t count as a valid excuse for trying to disarm a white conservative.

18 Likes

The hat isn’t the only thing that’s always white when ammosexuals evoke their beloved “good guy with a gun”.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/stlowell/status/1461066774036692993

9 Likes