L.A. Dodgers disinvite famed drag troupe from Pride Night event to please conservatives

Originally published at: L.A. Dodgers disinvite famed drag troupe from Pride Night event to please conservatives | Boing Boing

6 Likes

*sad sigh

Christians; misunderstanding the message of Christ since day one.

26 Likes

‘Marco Rubio raised a stink about their use of Catholic imagery and said they were a “perversion” of Jesus’ command.’

Rubio really should take a look at the New Testament (it’s really quite short) and tick off how many of Jesus’s teachings don’t align with his party’s ideology.

23 Likes

rubio really should just fuck off and STFU.

19 Likes
14 Likes

Silly Rabbit, beliefs and values are for other people, never “Christians”.

10 Likes

Good for LA Pride; partial acceptance or “tolerance” is not real inclusion.

12 Likes

Pathetic. Another good reason to hate the Dodgers for any right-thinking baseball fan.

5 Likes

Gee, fuck the Dodgers?

4 Likes

the christian right and marco rubio… why we can’t have nice things. like peace. or unity. a some level of understanding and tolerance. i’d like to think Jesus would be pissed.

5 Likes

Can anyone do a Pride Night? I mean what organisation is behind them. I thought Pride days events where usually organised by a local LGBTQ+ committee of some kind (e.g. Wadham College in Oxford a Pride event organised by the students.) Have the LA Dodgers just set up their own Pride Night as a kind of marketing exercise?

5 Likes

Dodgers are officially disallowed from celebrating Jackie Robinson.

3 Likes

Yes, of course. There’s not a master organization somewhere with a checklist saying “You must be this queer to hold a Pride Night event.” In this case, the Dodgers would organize their own pride event, but the local organization by the name “LA Pride” has left in solidarity with the sisters.

9 Likes

I’m a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence myself and cannot fathom how this will negatively affect this event and the organization. The most insane problem was they bent to pressure from someone out of their state! I thought California was progressive. The Sisters do a LOT of good work. It’s tongue in cheek I certainly admit but their work speaks for itself.

13 Likes

Good to know the rest of the Pride people are leaving in solidarity. Hopefully the Dodgers night will become a travesty.

Has anyone thought of setting up a MAGA Pride event?

2 Likes

Why are the Dodgers listening to Rubio anyway? He’s a politician from
checks notes
the complete opposite end of the fucking country.

7 Likes

9 Likes

And this was a game where the Dodgers were hosting San Francisco? Dumbasses. For listening to little Marco, too. Another reason it’s no wonder everyone at Petco Park at first chants Beat-L-A then later it changes to F*uck-L-A!

3 Likes

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

5 Likes

They happen all the time

4 Likes