Large sofa stuck on small staircase

Originally published at: Large sofa stuck on small staircase | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Oblig:
51ZLIyv9pnL.SX322_BO1204203200

61 Likes

23 Likes

Came here for this. Was not disappointed.

18 Likes

Ooh. I’ve heard of the play, but I always understood the rights-holders were notoriously protective of it and that it was difficult to obtain a copy, let alone see a performance.

(And such a lovely cover, too.)

6 Likes

Used copies are apparently easily available on Amazon (US). Accompanied by many, many many reviews of people complaining that they thought it was a comic book (Which, yeah, sure - I would too)

4 Likes

TIL Dirk Gently had a graphic novel adaptation. Time to go hunting!

7 Likes

No! Danger! That is the cover for the stage play script!!!

(There may be graphic adaptation, but that is not it)

10 Likes
8 Likes

Samuel French? There’s a play of it?

Readily available new:

ETA
11 English pounds for the acting edition, 11.50 for a spiral bound and 14.50 for a director/tech edition
Second hand

Estimate the performance rights cost here:

7 Likes

In related news, Dirk Gently has moved.

12 Likes

And I thought it was “Long, Dark Teatime of the Soul!” OOPS! :roll_eyes:

Regardless, that’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever read! :rofl:

4 Likes

This reference is what I came here for. Now all this man needs is an eccentric private investigator and a policeman carefully guarding it whilst armed with a saw.

5 Likes

I sure hope there’s a working bathroom on the lower floor.

3 Likes

(plus drywall repair costs).

UK? Probably real plaster over brick. Likely only superficial damage.

4 Likes

You and me both. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many years ago, after purchasing an 8’ (2.5 m) sofa for $15 from Salvation Army for my brother’s first apartment, which we brought home hanging out of the back of the minivan with me sitting on the inside end so that it wouldn’t slide out into traffic, it wouldn’t fit and got wedged in the entrance way. Ten minutes with a sawzall to take one arm off was all it took to get through the turn and into the apt. No clue what they’re complaining about. Not a big deal

7 Likes

It looks like a new-build, so probably plasterboard over breeze blocks. Why bother paying someone to plaster a whole wall, when you can just nail up some plasterboard and skim over the joints?

3 Likes

Took an arm off? Seems drastic. Why not just cut the couch apart?

6 Likes

Do you want him to be eaten by the leopard?

5 Likes