πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

although beauchamp never really references it, mexico seems to be the model the g.o.p. death cult are working towards: a one party authoritarian state in which elections happen but one party is so highly advantaged by the institutions of the political system that it is virtually guaranteed to control the government in each election.

there are too many democratic politicians who cannot seem to see the urgency of the situation we are in. unchecked by some kind of strong protections for voting rights and against the extremes of partisan gerrymandering, for all practical purposes we are one to three election cycles away from no longer being any kind of democracy.

16 Likes

I lean toward one. As I said earlier, the predator can lose race after race, the prey can only lose once. We are very much the prey.

17 Likes

Problem is that I’ve seen right wingers argue that since they have more β€˜land’ their vote is more β€˜valid.’ lol

9 Likes

I’m a native Texan, and have spoken to many rural Texans, and the refrain is so often, β€œI’m here because I want to be left alone.”

Oh yeah? Then why can’t you leave everybody else alone?

24 Likes

agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

12 Likes

Sounds like Rhodesia.

No doubt it’s something of a model for the US right.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Also, I’ll point out that her being Bin Laden’s niece doesn’t mean she has any connection to Bin Laden or terrorism (because you KNOW someone will point it out)… he had a very large family. His father had 54 children.

11 Likes

Agreed.

I think I was more struck by the surreal combo of the beautiful clean waters of Lake Geneva, the appearance of [yet more] of those awful flags, and the seeming enthusiasm of those waving the flags.

Inasmuch as that :tangerine: :clown_face: is a de facto terrorist of several kinds or endorses and employs tactics of same, then her choice to support the Cult45 shitshow could be argued as support for or acknowledging connection with β€œterrorism.”

But yeah, I hear you.
Because…

Ocean Robbins’ food philosophy β‰  Baskin-Robbins (founded by his grandad)

Ron Reagan β‰  Ronald Reagan

I get it.

11 Likes

Oh yeah, and just to be clear, I was not saying YOU were implying that at all! Just that someone is gonna or will.

I do agree how incongruous the whole thing is, though. Just surreal stuff.

9 Likes
12 Likes

Speaking of Rep. Clyde…guess who refused to shake hands with one of the officers who put their lives on the line to protect him on January 6th?

12 Likes

I wonder why their co-workers aren’t keen to have them armed in the Capitol. :thinking:

11 Likes

This was the homophobic piece of shit who pressured the spineless cowards at the Newark Library to cancel hosting a Newark Ohio Pride Coalition by lying that they were using taxpayer money when in fact they paid for it with a private grant. This was the same hypocritical windbag who passed a $1.3 billion bailout to FirstEnergy in exchange for a $60 million dollar bribe.

You could set your clocks by the Right-Wing projection express.

11 Likes

Who knew, the guy who said that the insurrection was no different than a tour group would snub one of the most outspoken Capitol Police officers who was there that day.

14 Likes
7 Likes

The Republicans aren’t sending their best … or are they?

13 Likes

What does β€œthe best” turd even look like?

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Make sure you remember that he said this when we start hearing about elderly people dying in their homes attempting to stay cool

8 Likes