πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

And he shouldn’t. They should be prosecuting him, not acting as his 113,000-person law firm.

14 Likes

It has become necessary that even the obvious must be spelled out clearly.

14 Likes
4 Likes

The latest Arizona election β€œaudit” (being conducted on behalf of the state GOP by an unaccredited company with no experience in audits and with a conspiracy-shouting owner) was always going to be a ridiculous, amateurish attempt at discrediting the election results, but now even one of the Republicans who’s supposed to be in charge of this audit is being blocked from observing the audit and is raising concerns that they’re faking the numbers.

Won’t make a difference though. This so-called audit is guaranteed to find massive β€œfraud” despite all evidence and the true believers won’t accept any other answer no matter who it comes from.

9 Likes

This one’s a doozie.

Marion County Circuit Court Judge Cheryl Pellegrini asked Nearman to describe his actions for the court.

β€œI opened a door of the Capitol, I went out, and that allowed people to enter, said Nearman.

Pellegrini suggested there was more to the story than that. She said that by pleading guilty, Nearman was admitting to acting in such a way as to receive a benefit.

β€œThe benefit was that citizens were allowed in the Capitol,” responded Nearman.

β€œAre you telling me that the benefit that you were seeking to confer was on the public being able to enter?” replied Pellegrini with a degree of skepticism in her voice.

At that point, Nearman’s attorney, Jason Short, leaned over and whispered something in Nearman’s ear.

β€œIt would make me appear favorable to certain citizen groups,” clarified Nearman. β€œI don’t support what they did when they entered.”

Later that day Nearman publicly recanted his guilty plea:

Speaking to Portland radio talk show host Lars Larson in KXL Tuesday afternoon, Nearman said he pled guilty to avoid having to pay his attorney to sift through all the evidence against him.

β€œI really would have preferred to make it go to trial,” said Nearman. β€œThe legal bills were stacking up. It made more sense to pay (a fine) and do a little community service, rather than pay twenty or thirty thousand more to attorneys.”

Nearman told Larson that while he admitted guilt in court, β€œI don’t think I committed a crime and I don’t think I did anything wrong.”

Ok, judge, time to vacate the plea and the lenient sentencing and bring Mike back to take it to trial like he wants, don’tcha think?

20 Likes
15 Likes

Amazingly, and totally against what I would have thought, some of these folks are finding that there are points at which they cannot continue to support this farce. This is a small minority, of course, but it still encourages my sense that humans have not completely abandoned all sense of honor. A lot have, but maybe not all.

12 Likes

A lot have, but maybe not all.

I try to keep in mind that the far right yahoos seem more numerous than they really are because they’re so very very loud, obnoxious and outrageous.

14 Likes

Flyers Threatening White HP Parents Who Send Their Kids to the Ivy League Reek of Fakeness

8 Likes

At first I thought this was yet another story of bad behavior on airlines. Nope.
With all the projection about β€œfalse flags” and such, I was sure some RWNJs were doing it, but this is the first story I’ve read about it. :rage:

9 Likes

First thought: β€œWhy would Gritty care about what schools parents send their kids to?”
Second thought: β€œShould probably read the article.”
Yup, assholes all the way down. Project Veritas level assholes. That’s a whole lot of asshole!

10 Likes
13 Likes

Oh, FFS, can some pollster or reporter please ask them to define what β€œpatriotic” means before publishing this screed?
:woman_facepalming:t2:

16 Likes

while they’re at it, can one of these bumblefuck yahoos define β€œtraditional american way of life”?
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

20 Likes

Slavery, probably :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

i knew i shouldn’t have asked.

10 Likes

They mean white, whatever they tell you they mean.

17 Likes

I know :frowning: I just want to make them say it. Or lie and say something else and then we can show them how the policies they vote for hurt those very things. I also know that wouldn’t likely make much of a difference, it’s just my inner Vulcan wanting desperately to insert some logic into the public discourse.
ETA: also, I’m pretty sure they mean β€œwhite hetero cis-gendered with currently β€œmainstream β€œ gender roles.” Ugh.

17 Likes

Oh, you know! Conservative, white and male. The only ones who matter. The only ones who built this country! (Oh, so much /s)

14 Likes

Da fuk?

18 Likes