πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

There will be an orderly transfer of power, from a blink-and-you-missed-it Pence administration.

Trump can’t be allowed to stay in office. There have to be consequences for inciting an insurrection. He is the proximate cause of four deaths yesterday (never forgetting the three hundred thousand deaths he owns through stupidity and inaction) and has done untold damage to our government and our image (already besmirched and lo-rez before him) around the world.

The message that future authoritarians aspirant take away from this cannot be β€œoop, my bad, I’ll just be over here with the nuclear codes.”

Remove him. Try him. Seize his assets, throw him an oubliette and drop the key in the Potomac.

14 Likes

Now, if you’re part of a bank robbery, and some customer has a heart attack from the excitement, and dies from it weeks later, everyone in the gang is up for murder changes, even the getaway driver who was never in the bank.

Proving that the mob riot was his idea all along would be a problem.

Data scrubbing intensifies

12 Likes

Since I don’t know this lady it’s possible to interpret this as a clever threat that the site of his (metaphorical) execution is waiting for him.

But somehow I doubt that’s what she meant and she simply can’t spell.

14 Likes

16 Likes

β€œThose who choose to stay, and I have talked with some of them, are choosing to stay because they’re worried the president might put someone worse in,” he said.

So will this be the line from all the lackeys? I took the job so that someone even worse than horrible but cuddly old me didn’t get to put their boot on your face? I always say thanks sir or ma’m when I put the boot on someone’s neck.

Fuck all the collaborators.

17 Likes
14 Likes

I guess that pardon from Acting-President Pence is off the table?

13 Likes

And if he doesn’t eat his peas there will be no desserts.

13 Likes
16 Likes

You could also have gone with…Whitney Houston for a β€œChildren are the future” pull but I guess whatever rolls most readily off of your addled brain…

6 Likes

β€œAn attorney representing President Trump in one of his dozens of lawsuits challenging the 2020 election moved to withdraw from the case on Thursday, telling a federal court that the president used him to β€œperpetrate a crime.”

Philadelphia-based attorney Jerome Marcus asked the court to allow him to withdraw, citing concerns over Pennsylvania’s professional conduct standards for lawyers.

Marcus wrote that β€œthe client has used the lawyer’s services to perpetrate a crime and the client insists upon taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant and with which the lawyer has a fundamental disagreement.”-TheHill

Wombat did you expect Mr sleazy lawyer?

(Leaving the odd auto correct intact)

12 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! Did she really mean calvary?

5 Likes

Yeah. His line that Trump isn’t the same as 8 months ago? Total bullshit.

Trump has always been like this. Sure he may have dropped steps - but his intentions and actions are exactly the same his whole life.

13 Likes

I also love, really love, the way he says the alternative is someone β€œworse” than he and all the other Trump appointees. Like not bad, but worse, tacitly accepting that they are all a bunch of shitty collaborators.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Notably, Katie Porter is now on the Oversight Committee she says needs to investigate the complicity of Capitol Police and failure of federal agencies to prepare for what happened yesterday.

17 Likes
14 Likes

Meanwhile, Pence isn’t taking phone calls from Congress.

15 Likes

At this point, from a strategy standpoint, we should probably let him try. It will wind its way up to SCOTUS and they’ll make a decision. Likely not in his favor, but possibly. And then that will either settle it or cause a Constitutional Amendment. Maybe future presidents can be enabled to UNDO past pardons. Who knows? Lots of things could happen. Maybe this could be the catalyst for creating some parameters around presidential pardons.

3 Likes

No, we absolutely should not. You don’t strengthen any norms by having criminal elements actively probe them for weaknesses. You either shore up those weaknesses pre-emptively, or you keep the criminal as far away from the boundaries as possible at all times.

9 Likes