πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

8 Likes

Oh, FFS; once again, the Simpsons are White, even if that Whiteness is represented by the β€˜default’ color yellow.

If that were not the case, characters like Apu and Dr Hibbert would no be obvious reps for Indian and Black men.

14 Likes

Wait, is that actually a real discussion? The Simpsons explicitly calls the characters white.

14 Likes

It’s sorta like Groundhog’s Day;

13 Likes

I’m feeling pretty jaundiced about the whole thing.

I’ll let myself out.

16 Likes

At least you’re not seeing things through rose colored β€˜nostalgia goggles…’

13 Likes

Rose colored monocle.

13 Likes

20 Likes

Damn- looks nice!

10 Likes

Getting somewhat back on topic. β€œYou broke it, you bought it” it is a rule he’s trying to ignore.

8 Likes

I do think it’s close to inevitable that fewer and fewer Republican pols will stay invested in making Tromp great again. They know he actually lost in 2020, and just like him, most Republicans don’t like losers.

7 Likes

(AP reprint)

The aid helps to create a cushion that limits the shock of higher energy costs ahead of winter. Republican lawmakers have said the relief package, which became law in March, caused higher levels of inflation, with prices in October 6.2% higher than a year ago. The GOP argument is that the Biden relief package sent too much money into the economy, sending prices up and hurting middle-class and lower-income families.

β€œThe Democrats’ inflation is functioning like an ultra-punitive tax on the American families who can least afford it," Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Wednesday.

But in this instance, the spending from the aid package is already helping to insulate millions of households from higher utility bills and reducing strains on household budgets. Estimates by the Urban Institute based off a Census Bureau survey indicate that a third of families used the monthly payments from the expanded child tax credit to pay their utility bills between July and October 2021.

Why are they acting like they’re the victims about this? We already know Texas is going to fuck things up again this winter so texans are probably going to need another heating bill bailout because the Texas GOP has it’s own head up their ass about not properly weather proofing their own power grid.

10 Likes
15 Likes

And it’s not the fault of crap business owners trying to β€œget theirs” before everything collapses (much like the rampant abuse of the PPP loans during federal pandemic relief)?

Jimmy Fallon Please GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 Likes

Maybe Lauren Boebert shouldn’t condemn other people based on who they may or may not have slept with considering that her husband is a convicted sex offender.

9 Likes

Actually Bert and Ernie are named after the cop and cab driver from Frank Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life.

7 Likes

TIL!
thank you for that.

but no, thank you on that perinnial holiday barf fest of a β€œnever existed fantasyland white utopia”.
Wonderful Life? Hard. Pass.

5 Likes

Yeah but Frank Oz still said that they are he and Jim Henson. That was their schtick. It’s their relationship.

Even Yoda is Frank. They are actors! Puppets are actors!

7 Likes

that makes more sense.
I have never been able to sit through a showing of wonderful life, so never even knew of the Bert and Ernie characters.
they could be Guildenstern and Rosencrantz or Dogberry and Verges for all I know about the movie.
I am sorry for this silly derail!
(but I really did learn some things and it is always fun to learn stuff)

4 Likes

Yeah, there might be a lot of people who don’t actually believe in Trump any more, but want to stay under the radar until it’s safe. The trouble is, they’ll act like a loyal Trump believer because the people around them are also acting like Trump believers.

The Trump cult will have to increase loyalty tests and snitches.

6 Likes