πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

yeah.
while I appreciate a jab at those nazi fucks, Maddow’s little tone deaf β€œjoke” left nothing but cringe for me.

seriously. not. cool.

10 Likes

Agreed.

People using β€˜gay’ as an insult needs to DIAF, ASAP.

10 Likes

I’m sure a bunch of dry ass oven turkeys would do the job better than folks having no turkey at all

7 Likes

I suspect that she was not using β€œgay” to mean lame, but literally like something a group of gay men might call themselves. I can see it in Proud Boys. Oathkeepers I don’t see, TBH, though.

14 Likes

I think she was trying to make a same gender marriage association with oathkeepers. Doesn’t really work.

8 Likes

I think you are right, with the caveat that she would probably not have made the comparison if the members of said organizations would not feel insulted by it. I can definitely understand the desire to use the militant fascist Qnuts own bigotry against them, but that word’s history makes it difficult or maybe impossible to use as a weapon without causing collateral damage to people who don’t deserve it.

7 Likes

Awww. He looks so happy

2 Likes

to me they both sound a bit like scout leagues, β€œoathkeepers” in particular. but then, given the history of fascism and scout like leagues… it winds up not being very funny at all

6 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

I had to stop and think about whether I could care less. Turns out I couldn’t.

11 Likes

I hadn’t heard or seen anything about this event since it was posted somewhere around here that they were going to require proof of vaccination or negative test results. Well, apologies in advance, here’s a super-cut of the Fox Patriot Awards ceremony held in Hollywood, FL last week:

9 Likes

Angry Gi Joe GIF

12 Likes

IKR?!? It’s horrifying that they’re that stoopid and yet β€œtheir side” is still winning through gerrymandering and stacking the courts.
And the people in the crowd paid to be there. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

9 Likes

I wonder how many awardees will end up in patriot prison.

7 Likes

I feel like you’re closer here to what she was going for than other folks.

It’s an irony that β€œProud Boys” sounds homoerotic, because the Proud Boys are homophobic.

It’s not using the term β€˜gay’ as a pejorative.

3 Likes

More like a non-pology…

14 Likes

expected nothing less.
le sigh

12 Likes