πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

I wonder what the press coverage would look like if, instead, he’d driven to a diner in Iowa and shot a bunch of agribusiness farmers actually getting that much in gov’t handouts every year.
:rage:

17 Likes

from npr, nyt, abc/disney, etc (msm?)…
nada…
that would be a non-story in our media environment. β€œfarmers getting welfare?” just does not register.

15 Likes

Oh, surely, but I mean if a violent young dude with a manifesto traveled over state lines to murder them. I imagine it would be like chicken little up in the news rooms. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

hmmm. why does that sound familiar? oh, yeah… @milliefink said his name upthread.
but really, is your hypothetical farm subsidy recipient-murdering militia type a rittenhouse nazi, or a omfg! a blm/ antifa β€œterrorist”. (meaning, obvs, teh black)?
there’s your story breakdown in this stupid timeline and β€œboth sides” media environment.
tl;dr - race IS the story and the media will play that for all the $$$ they can get.
i am so very tired of this bullshit.
i think we all are.

16 Likes

I know…I’m sorry I left off the /s tag. :frowning:

Me, too.

16 Likes

The msm would have no trouble calling it terrorism at least.

15 Likes

So damn many β€œlone wolves” out there. It’s almost like there is a pack or something?

21 Likes

Francia Raisa Reaction GIF by grown-ish

β€œThere’s two issues going on. So you can say that someone acted alone and that’s what we tend to think of as lone wolf, that it’s not five people or ten people or orchestrated attack. But the idea of a lone wolf, I think, I’ve been saying for a couple of years should be put to rest, because in every single up with of these cases, you’re seeing an apparatus that essentially supported their hate,” she explained.

20 Likes

β€œGood for them…”

On congratulating the police for going straight to identifying a hate crime when they see one? That should be standard, and it’s not. Bad cop, no donut!

11 Likes

This opinion piece laid out an interesting argument about the GOP no longer being a party they claimed to being focused on constitutionality

9 Likes

That was excellent: simple, forceful prose.

8 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

Why yes. That’s why there has been so many mass shootings also in Canada, Europe, Japan, South Korea and Australia since Doom and GTA came out :man_facepalming:

18 Likes

β€œIt seems like these shootings have gotten so much worse since the songbirds and pollinators started dying off in huge numbers. Maybe if we save them, the shootings will stop.”
β€œIt seems like these shootings have gotten worse since housing prices inflated beyond reach of most middle class Americans.”
β€œShootings seem to have increased as plant based milk and meat substitutes became more widely available. Isn’t that weird?”

You could choose any event that has been increasing in the past 20 yrs and say the same. So of course they pick one of the provably false ones.

18 Likes

It’s clearly associated with me aging 20 years. We need to reverse that.

19 Likes

Let’s work on reversing aging, but the rise in gun violence is clearly caused by Fox News #1 ratings year over year for 20 years.

14 Likes

dear fox news, the truth is out there:

12 Likes

22 Likes

The world’s greatest deliberative body my ass.

10 Likes

Eyeroll Roll Eyes GIF by Julie Winegard

16 Likes