πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

Yoink!!!

9 Likes

Better late than never, WaPo.

19 Likes

β€œonly the strong” ?!

why that seems almost fascist.

( oh right. that is fascist. oops. )

honestly, he should’ve gone with the cat photo. at least it’s not so obviously ridiculous

still… poor cat.

10 Likes
14 Likes

Take a walk through U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers ’ tweets and you’ll find complaint after complaint about the price of gas. Congresswoman McMorris Rodgers, Republican of Washington, is the ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee but opposes legislation to stop oil and gas companies from price gougingconsumers.

Your move, democrats. Go on the attack for once and don’t let up.

19 Likes

(NYT reprint)

12 Likes

I cannot imagine that moving is an easy choice in that situation, but personal safety comes first. Could these takeover attempts continue if their funding was cut off? Will these communities function if most businesses leave? There were many groups in US history which tried to set up their own separate utopian society, but they failed because of power struggles, resources, imbalance (the toxic masculinity crowd outnumbers the women), and incompetence (successful governing and leadership involve thought and hard work). Worst case scenario might not be that they succeed, but that they break everything and drive away the people who could fix it. There’s only so many times rational people will clean up after another group’s meltdown, because it’s a thankless task.

15 Likes

Unfortunately, this is just a start. I fear a civil war - which they clearly desire - is increasingly likely.

9 Likes

Boise has become too big to just roll over for the fascists. Even the Libertarian Utopia Republicans who started tech businesses there see what’s coming if the militia nutjobs run the state. I could see a violent conflict in Idaho, but it won’t be right against left, it will be right against off-the-right-side-of-the-scale.

Meanwhile, Oregon and Washington are setting up abortion clinics near the Idaho border for reproductive rights refugees.

14 Likes

I’m glad they are. But β€œreproductive rights refugees” is a reality I never imagined

Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

18 Likes

She pointed to a Rolling Stone headline that read, β€œThe Buffalo Shooter Isn’t A β€˜Lone Wolf.’ He’s A Mainstream Republican.” The article explained how the accused killer embraced β€œthe great replacement theory” that has become more common among conservatives (including Tucker Carlson at Fox News and top House Republican Elise Stefanik) and took the propaganda to its violently β€œlogical conclusion.”

β€œThe gonzo journalists at Rolling Stone say no, no, no, no, no, there are accomplices here: The Republicans,” Ingraham said indignantly. β€œIt’s so weak, I don’t even want to talk about it tonight because it’s so predictable. It’s so lame, because the real accomplices are in the media. The media that are propping up an administration that has brought this country to its knees with policies making American families poorer every single day. And they’ve tried this tack so many times.”

Self-incrimination

spongebob rainbow gif

13 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes

Kudos to them for setting up the clinics, but I hope they have a lot of security otherwise the Idaho taliban and their sympathizers will definitely make things violent… I also fear a civil war breaking out in that way.

4 Likes

I won’t be so crass as to actually do it but I know for a fact that it would be easy to find pictures of nazi soldiers posing with cute cats as well.

7 Likes

14 Likes

I knew the fascists would cling to Malthusian nonsense. it’s a perfect excuse to mask their murderous intent. β€œOh we don’t wanna kill people, we just want to get rid of the β€˜useless eaters.’” – some rando fashie somewhere

17 Likes

We’ve been seeing them clothed in progressive clothing in the environmental movement for quite a while now.

16 Likes

Yes, the conservatives are mentioned quite a lot in this article

9 Likes