🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾 🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events 🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡

i get that. and in this case, while he’s not a soldier of the nazi, at best he’s a(n ex) soldier who agrees with the nazis… so the same rule should probably apply

in this context, i felt like the toxic masculinity of his book cover jelled nicely with the whole “i’m here to help continue this unjust war, but look a kitten” vibe.

they’re both creepy in different ways

2 Likes

I can totally see survivalists & libertarian tech billionaires absolutely lose their shit about being mocked this way

8 Likes
11 Likes
16 Likes
20 Likes

Isn’t it about time he changed his name to L. Ron Musk?

6 Likes

Nah, if the government does something, especially if it works, it takes away a talking point for them. That is the important thing. Babies only matter as election fodder.

17 Likes

Conservatives in Europe and the United States must fight together to “reconquer” institutions in Washington and Brussels from liberals who threaten Western civilisation ahead of votes in 2024, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on Thursday.

Nationalist Orban said the next U.S. presidential election, when Donald Trump suggests he may seek a second term in the White House, and the vote for the European Parliament would make that a vital year.

He was addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), the United States’ most prominent conservative gathering, in Budapest, the first such CPAC event in Europe.

“Progressive liberals, neo-Marxists dazed by the woke dream, people financed by George Soros and promoters of open societies … want to annihilate the Western way of life that you and us love so much,” Orban told the conference.

“We must coordinate the movement of our troops as we face a big test, 2024 will be a decisive year,” he said.

10 Likes

I Dont Care Whatever GIF by Joey Bada$$

This misses the fucking point, buzzfeed. This isn’t an essay for class, it’s a fucking document of hate… :woman_shrugging: FFS.

Angry Work GIF

13 Likes

The headline may not convey it well, but there is a valid thought behind it – this isn’t something the shooter made up at all, to the point where most of it isn’t even his own writing. It is all pre-packaged hatred from 4chan and other websites. I know you know, but I think it’s worth emphasizing how these people are in no way isolated, they are part of a terrorist movement.

18 Likes

Sure, but I think we knew that he was taking from various places already? These are long-standing tropes about issues of race, updated for the 21st century with added additional memes.

I Guess Winona Ryder GIF by filmeditor

I’m just not a huge fan of framing it as “plagerism”, because I don’t know that that is what is really happening here. It disconnects him from the communities he’s a part of, and making him seem more like a “lone wolf” who is just riffing off what he’s found. Anyone could cut and paste, but there is more going on here than that, which is what I see the article highlighting.

9 Likes

Conservatives: complains about white people not having enough kids

Also conservatives: restricts pricey IVF treatments which white people usually can afford

13 Likes

Would need to see the details, but this has potential to impact IUD’s. Plan B, hormonal contraceptives, ectopic pregnancies. This is the “Personhood” bullshit.

17 Likes

Welp, they just keep up the policies against students of all ages. Romney joins the circus, too:

13 Likes
15 Likes

Hey Mittens…

sassy bird GIF

14 Likes

Five years ago today:

13 Likes
18 Likes

That language is odd. Is the formula shortage only affecting “immigrant babies?”

6 Likes

(with apologies if you already are aware…)

The crisis at the the U.S. southern border with Mexico, where families with no resources at all flee for safe haven in the U.S., has caught parents unable to feed their infants because the formula shortage is acute everywhere, including the borderlands.

Biden got criticized for sending stop-gap emergency formula supplies to save non-U.S.ian babies from starving to death.

So of course the Republicans objected to saving the lives of… y’know… The Wrong Sorts of babies /s. :roll_eyes: Their argument: U.S.ians first. So they want the shortage to affect “immigrant babies”… construe that as you will.

Heaven forfend that U.S.ians show compassion to The Wrong Sorts™ who are desperate to live and AFAIK not harmful to other humans. Never mind that so much of U.S. hegemony, imperialism, and dark economy influences are the biggest root causes of people fleeing their homelands in Central and South America.

ETA:

relevant:

22 Likes