πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ 🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸ€‘πŸ€‘

GAP: Golden Ass Party

5 Likes

Yup, every chance they get:

11 Likes

Something tells me that this was intentional on the part of the organizers

10 Likes

Not mentioned: the conservative members of the court facepalming because saying the quiet part on the record makes it that much harder to BS an β€œoriginalist” ruling with a straight face.

19 Likes

Wow, honesty and introspection from the corner you least expect it. I guess they assumed that was a winning argument? β€œIf we let the Blacks vote, we lose. You know how traumatic that would be for us?”

17 Likes

A GOP member in my county said basically the same thing not too long ago.

The GOP could look at the landscape, dispense with their racism, and figure out what policies they can advocate for that would win over voters. They’d rather do this instead.

16 Likes

Is that part stated right? The exchange would make more sense to me if she’d said,

β€œWhat is the interest of the GOP in removing (laws that suppress minority voters) from the books?”

Seems to me THAT would put the GOP β€œat a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats,” no?

3 Likes
2 Likes

But how would that β€œown the libs?” I mean, seriously! (not seriously)

9 Likes

Could they? All of the current party leadership are ill equipped to actually win over voters with policy, and they haven’t exactly been building bench strength in that area, either. They are decades behind on talking substantive issues with voters.

8 Likes

But at least 2 decades ahead in emphasizing local elections and control of state houses. And then you get shit like this!

State Democratic Parties Struggle After 2020 Election : NPR

9 Likes

I mean they could do the work of having policies and trying to win voters over, but you’re right that that won’t happen with the current party leadership.

6 Likes

If I say β€œTom has an interest in doing X”, that means β€œThere is a reason why Tom wants to do X”. If I say β€œWhat is Tom’s interest in doing X?”, it means β€œWhat is the reason that Tom wants to do X?”

Thus if Justice Barrett says β€œWhat is the GOP’s interest in keeping laws that suppress minority voters?” that means β€œWhy does the GOP want to keep laws that suppress minority voters?” and the answer would be that removing laws that suppress minority voters would put the GOP at a competitive disadvantage.

On the other hand if she asked, β€œWhat is the interest of the GOP in removing laws that suppress …” as you have it, that would mean β€œWhat is the reason that the GOP wants to remove laws that suppress minority voters?”, which wouldn’t make sense because the GOP does not want to remove laws that suppress minority voters.

Perhaps I’m confused by your question.

I think it’s a case of poor copy-editing while live-tweeting. This one is a bit better-worded:

15 Likes

tucker mcnear swanson carlson has gotten to the bottom of things–

12 Likes

Savings kids. Savings.

16 Likes

I’ve officially hit the point where I can no longer tell if these chyrons are photoshopped or not.

19 Likes

that was real, it was part of a story about how legal marijuana was going to result in the extinction of humanity because it caused falling sperm counts.

17 Likes

Alahmnat_020

10 Likes

Oh, ok, now it makes sense. :neutral_face:

9 Likes