๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก Late Stage GOP ASSHATS Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

Why a sarcastic joke? I just looked at images and while the first association was indeed with blood I could see someone else come to a more benign association. Quite possible that โ€œstrawberries and creamโ€ is an unironic name. It does kinda look like that.

Because he was not the disease, just a symptom. Now, this was the symptom that made the disease no longer ignorable or deniable, but a symptom nonetheless. The underlying cancer has to be treated or it will kill the whole body.

15 Likes

i described it as a sarcastic joke because my friend, who has lived in the olympia area for 17 years, told me that is what some of his acquaintances who are native to the area and who also forage for wild mushrooms told him. since i have no reason to think he was either lying to me or misinterpreting what the locals told him i reported his comments above.

3 Likes

Saying the quiet part out loud.

11 Likes

Kind of an empty threat too: โ€œIf you wonโ€™t give us any money, then we wonโ€™t accept it!โ€

15 Likes

โ€œItโ€™s okay, your honor, because my assault on a child was premeditated.โ€ /s

12 Likes

Apparently the threshold for RINO (Republican in name only) is now believing slavery was bad.

14 Likes

what do you suppose the odds that frank luntz is focus grouping this idea right now?

7 Likes
13 Likes

Correct, at least one sexual assault is not an โ€œaltercation.โ€

But after being released on a bond, the lawmaker is alleging the interaction was all planned.

Premeditated sexual assault, on a minor. Well thenโ€ฆ

12 Likes
15 Likes

These days, the far right (which is currently defined as 46% of US voters) blame racism on Democrats for introducing welfare, social security, Medicare, and Medicaid. That forcing minorities to be victims, somehow Democrats have created racism where there was none.

I was damn close to decking a colleague over this. Thatโ€™s how toxic the Faux News/Newsmax/OAN spectrum is. The full-fat-fascists are blaming the dog whistle racists for being weak on the right-centrists who have reinvented racism. I feel like Iโ€™m taking crazy pills.

20 Likes

AFAIK heโ€™s currently too busy trying to whitewash his complicity in this BS to keep pushing it.

4 Likes

whatโ€™s funny, of course, is that by percentage white identifying americans use more benefit programs than do black americans.

Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black, and 30 percent Hispanic.

[snapโ€™s] 43 million recipients โ€ฆ 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black, 17.2 percent Hispanic and 15.5 percent unknown.

Aid to Families with Dependent Childrenโ€ฆ served 2.7 million people in 2016. Of those 27.6 percent white, 29.1 percent black, 36.9 percent were Hispanic.

that last one is the only one different โ€“ but 2.7 million people is a relatively small pool of people to start with.

and while those are 2016 numbers ( via huffpost ), i imagine itโ€™s similar today. we also know that ppp loans went more to whites, tax cuts and capital gain rates absolutely favor white people, mortgage rates, education grants and loan rates, and on.

believing that minorities are soaking the government is very very far from the truth.

[edit] people tend to want programs to be โ€œcolor blindโ€ which means whites invariably get bigger shares of the benefits at every level of the system due to institutional and individualized racism. until benefit programs explicitly take racial differences into account it will continue to be the case.

14 Likes
15 Likes

tl;dr

โ€œit hurts my feelings to be reminded of the evil we stopped in the 1860s as well as the entire race of people we abandoned in the 1870s. stop reminding us of what we once aspired to.โ€

17 Likes

โ€œAlso stop reminding us that we lost the Civil War and that much of our behavior is the same today as far as we can get away with it.โ€

18 Likes

Aaaaand, even the seemingly innocuous tax codes:

I havenโ€™t read the book yet, but her interview was enlightening to me.

11 Likes

A comprehensive running tally of trump litigation with updates:

9 Likes

Thanks to anti-vaxxers/covidiots herd immunity isnโ€™t going to happen

Fuck you Covid Denying/Spreading Trump and all the idiots who followed him. You wrecked the world.

16 Likes