Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Public loyalty is all they care about.

8 Likes

RPC doing the usual crackpot nonsense, I see.
Bugs Bunny Drip GIF by Looney Tunes

8 Likes

https://flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1248/BillText/Filed/HTML

The division shall immediately cancel the filings of a political party, to include its registration and approved status as a political party, if the partyโ€™s platform has previously advocated for, or been in support of, slavery or involuntary servitude. In addition to applicable procedures provided for in s. 103.095(5), the following procedures must also be followed:

https://openstates.org/fl/bills/2023/SB1248/

7 Likes

The Florida GOP needs to be careful, there. They could clever themselves into being just as screwed as Democrats if this passes. How many members of the Florida GOP have advocated for private prisons and their โ€œworkforces?โ€

15 Likes
19 Likes

The Florida Democratic Party issued this statement response, โ€œPresenting a bill that would disenfranchise 5 million voters is both unconstitutional and unserious. Under Ron DeSantis, Senator Ingoglia is using his office to push bills that are nothing more than publicity stunts instead of focusing on the issues that matter most to Floridians, such as reforming property insurance, addressing housing affordability, and combating climate change.

โ€œThe sooner DeSantis and his puppets in the legislature learn that Florida is a Democratic Republic and not a Banana Republic, the better it will be for all Floridians.โ€

22 Likes

Stick to your day job.

22 Likes

โ€œItโ€™s okay if youโ€™re just kidding, though.โ€
:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

i.e. it might be more dangerous for communities that only have Walmart and Dollar General.

14 Likes

ac0e4cbd4a7968bc7ae112b93e2d44d7

18 Likes

They put the independent stores out of business to enrich the folks behind those chains. I donโ€™t know what they have in mind to replace Chinese suppliers, other than a future US-based factory chain staffed with child labor. :thinking: Could this be some twisted fantasy they dreamed up while watching Christmas movies? :elf:t4:

19 Likes
20 Likes

โ€œMission-alignedโ€ sounds very Brown Shirty to me.

27 Likes

It also means that Florida universities will lose accreditation in many or most degree disciplines. Even engineers have to study humanities to earn an accredited degree - as they should.

19 Likes

โ€œMission-alignedโ€ is fucking terrifying. I expect a mass exodus from FL schools to begin aboutโ€ฆ

now.

Of course, that would be the whole โ€œself-selectingโ€ thing this asshat is talking about.

20 Likes

My wife haas a cousin who teaches down there and heโ€™s ready to pack it up. Weโ€™ll see. Thereโ€™s a lot to consider moving a family.

JFC

20 Likes

Well, part of it. Others will be bullied and otherwise forced out.

13 Likes
16 Likes

It makes me wonder if theyโ€™re doing it on purpose to cut off federal student aid, or if they will then cause a big fuss and fight to make sure ALL institutions can get those government dollarsโ€ฆ

Source

12 Likes

With Hillsdale College in Michigan as their model, that may very well be part of it.

9 Likes