Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

3 Likes

A pretty hilarious book review.

4 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Hutcinson is 20 miles from my mom’s house…and no, I don’t see many businesses dropping him over that. That’s the reality of Kansas right now. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I am a huuuuge fan of the hand counted system with multiple adversarial oversight at every stage that we have here in Ireland. I have profound confidence in it, more so than I do of any electromechanical or digital computer based services.

Crappy results here are the result of people being arseholes, not hacks, litigation, or corruption in election officials. It simply wouldn’t be possible. There are observers from every interested party and disinterested ones too.

ETA

I feel dumb saying β€œwouldn’t be possible”, of course it would, if the recent history of US elections has taught us anything it is how much civil society depends on norms being respected. I do think it would be quite difficult. If FG for example (probably closest to R in many ways) we’re to unilaterally declare lots of races corrupt they would need at least one, but realistically two, other parties to agree with them and of course the corporate media (which is easy) in order to get any traction. Reality is vote suppression and queues aren’t a thing (yet - they’re going for it in the UK) so it would be shut down in each count centre by the other parties and independents verifying individual counts.) so it would be difficult.

11 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

https://text.npr.org/1168974403

One day after a jury convicted U.S. Army Sgt. Daniel Perry of murder for shooting and killing Garrett Foster at a Black Lives Matter protest in 2020, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said he wants Perry to receive a pardon.

Foster, 28, was [legally] carrying an AK-47 at the protest, which he attended with his fiancΓ©e. Perry was armed with a revolver β€” and as Foster approached Perry’s car, Perry shot him repeatedly.
Witnesses said Perry was driving dangerously close to protesters; they also said Foster didn’t raise his weapon toward Perry. But the defense team said Perry feared for his life, and that Foster had raised his gun.

6 Likes

Wilhoit’s law taken to its inevitable extreme where the out-group is killed instead of bound.

12 Likes
11 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes
2 Likes

The sun shines out of his behind…

9 Likes

Yeah, I’d prefer to see those Republicans accused of the crimes they’ve committed, followed by formal charges and prosecution.

6 Likes

Jim Bob wants to burn the house down and is asking folks to help him to lock other people inside said burning house with them

(^NY Times reprint)

12 Likes

GOP promise: If you hate most people then we’ll mostly kill people you hate!

11 Likes

8 Likes
8 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

12 Likes
8 Likes