Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Yes.
Yes they are:

16 Likes
6 Likes

More Florida fuckery:
Desantisโ€™s handpicked vaccine skeptic Attorney General Ladapo quashed data showing people were much more likely to develop endocarditis from Covid than from the vaccine.

9 Likes

Things I used to view as universal Americans values: Democracy is good, Nazis are bad, Science is good, Dictatorships are badโ€ฆ

13 Likes
19 Likes

Glad that last one is there!

Sheesh, talk about a (Republican macho) man who relies really heavily on makeup.

17 Likes

Thatโ€™s going to outlaw most of DeSantisโ€™s political ads.

15 Likes

Make sure you give Mindy enough space to scream at the top of her lungs about this happening in Georgia

Gwinnett County officials announced on Friday that they will not use eminent domain after all to take more than 10 acres of land that has belong to a prominent Black family in south Gwinnett for more than 100 years.

The decision to not go through the courts to force the Livsey family into selling two properties, known as the โ€œlake propertyโ€ and the โ€œapartment property,โ€ comes after a public backlash. After news broke earlier his week that Gwinnett planned to use eminent domain to take the land, it was quickly panned on social media.

The county wanted to add the land to a planned historical park that would have included, among other things, recreations of antebellum slave quarters. The park is being put on property the county has already acquired from the Livsey family.

18 Likes

I heard about this in a headline on the radio last night, and wanted to read more about it! Thanks for the reminder!

[ETA] More on the history of this land and how it intersects with Gone With the Windโ€ฆ

20 Likes
9 Likes

Wow, she must have really hated Smash Bros.

12 Likes

They were trying to force a current-day Black family to lose their family land in order to (performatively) put re-creations of slave quarters for 18th and 19th century Blacks on the land instead?

Star Trek Reaction GIF

15 Likes

Too much of an split to go into either the regular misogyny or transphobia threads

5 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
16 Likes

That sounds terrifying for him. I am very glad it worked out ok.
But shows that there are allies out there and chances to demonstrate allyship abound if we straight white folks would pull our heads out and be alert for them.

16 Likes

angry cate blanchett GIF

Sure. Itโ€™s the schools that are to blame.

They donโ€™t offer any policies, ideas or solutions that will help young voters. All they have going for them are authoritarian candidates who will protect rich, white men and corporations.

Get ready for a campaign to repeal the 26th Amendment.

8 Likes
6 Likes

I have to believe that many to most of the people in the Californian influx are due to living costs rather than political alignment, so over time I would think theyโ€™d make the state more purple, not more red.

8 Likes