Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Despite being total cowards and not doing anything to stop Trump, I donโ€™t think Collins or McConnel really wanted Pence to overturn the election through the use of fake or rejected electors. The precedent would cut both ways, and they can honestly tell their constituents that they donโ€™t want Kamala Harris to have that kind of power in 2024.

11 Likes

Sure, I can see that, but Iโ€™d still check it for boobytraps.

9 Likes

I think they are quietly โ€œverifyingโ€ the Trump census result. We just got a request in the mail to log in and take another questionnaire. I did it for our family and it took at least 15 minutes. (Lots of demographic stuff.) A few days later, we got another reminder.

12 Likes

The sexual strategy of making people who do not practice strict sexual repression โ€˜have to live with the consequencesโ€™ to supposedly make them less likely to break up authoritariansโ€™ marriages:

15 Likes

for sexually restricted people, other peopleโ€™s sexual freedoms represent threats.

EXACTLY.

sexually restricted women often get married young and have children early in life. These choices are just as valid as a decision to wait, but they can also be detrimental to womenโ€™s occupational attainment and tend to leave women more economically dependent on husbands.

That part, too.

This evolutionary social science research suggests that restricted sexual strategists benefit by making everyone else play by their rules.

As always, itโ€™s about control over other people; usually those capable of becoming pregnant.

21 Likes

The facts of the trial are fairly open-and-shut, so hopefully this wraps up quickly and Bannon finds himself in jail (and neck deep in lawyer fees) shortly.

13 Likes

I didnโ€™t like that 'cos I liked it, but, fuck, you knew that.

6 Likes

Bannon vs whistle-blower.

10 Likes

Yep. The article makes some good points, but, as is usual, by โ€œeveryoneโ€ they mean โ€œeveryone except cis het men.โ€
:rage:

15 Likes

But of course.

13 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes
17 Likes

Misspelled klanvassers.

15 Likes

learningtospellcorrectly

from
source

18 Likes
21 Likes

Nothing like the one-two punch of being reviled and discriminated against while at the same time being fetishized.

Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

21 Likes

The money was owed back to donors when he didnโ€™t win the primary. :popcorn:

18 Likes

Not because of active shooter scares โ€” because of nearby, often high-speed pursuits of migrants coming from the U.S.-Mexico border.

An entire generation of students in America has grown up simulating lockdowns for active shooters, or worse, experiencing the real thing. But in South Texas, another unique kind of classroom lockdown occurs along the stateโ€™s 1,200-mile southern border: hunkering down because Border Patrol agents or state police are chasing migrants who are trying to evade apprehension.

The frequency of lockdowns and security alerts in Uvalde โ€” nearly 50 between February and May alone, according to school officials โ€” are now viewed by investigators as one of the tragic contributors to how a gunman was able to walk into a fourth-grade classroom unobstructed and slaughter 19 children and two teachers. Although a slow and bungled police response remains the main failure, a damning new report by the Texas House says recurring lockdowns in Uvalde created a โ€œdiminished sense of vigilance.โ€

14 Likes

Just a reminder also that entering the USA outside of designated checkpoints (at least for the first 2 times) is only a misdemeanor. High-speed car chases often over misdemeanors. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes