Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

The Washington Post; John Durham spent 4 years and 6.5 million dollars to draw the same conclusions as the 2019 IG report but in a more aggrieved tone.

Donald Trump; ITโ€™S THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY!!11!!1

Jim Jordan: Letโ€™s waste some more taxpayer money bringing Durham to the Hill and lobbing softballs at him for 10 to 12 hours.

Everyone else: Eh. Did I remember to turn the stove off this morning?

9 Likes

Everyone else:

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

Well, I was wrong. Four state senators have now accumulated 10 unexcused absences in Oregon, making them ineligible for re-election. They didnโ€™t need any help from Dems, they did it to themselves.

9 Likes

desantisโ€™ fascist state of florida-da nixed โ€œhome ruleโ€ during the height of the pandemic. the โ€œTallahassee Takeoverโ€ means that Key West cannot make municipal ordinances disallowing sunscreens for sale that are not reef safe, single use plastic items in food services, or making regulations to minimize the impacts of cruise ships dumping thousands of tourons onto the small island and churning up the waters there. same goes for miami-dade and school districts that chose to keep mask mandates in place.
if localities cannot regulate themselves, why even have city councils or county commissioners? deshithead wants to be the absolute ruler of all of florida.
fuck that noise, but here we are.

5 Likes

If thereโ€™s ever a democrat elected to Governor, the republicans in the legislature may have a sudden change of heart.

3 Likes

I imagine 10 is the limit they can count to without taking their shoes off, so I can see how they might lose trackโ€ฆ

6 Likes
1 Like

11 Likes
4 Likes

It looks like they mean to challenge the lawโ€™s constitutionality in court, but to do that they only needed one to hit ten absences. The way things are going, with the walkout continuing, the number of senators who hit ten absences is just going to keep going until none of them are eligible.

When we wrote that ballot measure, we should have added a clause that once a senator or representative hits the ten absence threshold, they are considered present for the purposes of quorum whether they are there or not. As it is, the law only serves as a half-measure (apparently).

7 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

No immediate vote: Impeaching Biden doesnโ€™t have the votes within the House GOP conference to pass. But Greene could offer her impeachment resolution on the floor as a question of the privileges of the House which would allow her to force a vote related to the resolution within a matter of days.

Greene, however, said that she was not going down the road for now, saying she wanted to build up co-sponsors and support for impeachment.

Again I long for the day I never have to hear about this odious person ever again.

13 Likes

Not only is it a dumb move, SHEโ€™S BROWN-NOSING to get it done!

Angry He Man GIF

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah right? Whereโ€™s WW when we need her?

tumblr_3bfab10e2487de2ef305126246f3dd65_420c6f45_1280

9 Likes

Step 1. Make up bs story that sucks all oxygen out of a weekโ€™s news cycle. Rage farm. Harvest hate-clicks. โ€œEnergize the base.โ€

Step 2.

Step 3. Profit. (From Step 1! Which will be more believed than the debunked, fact-based real story anyway, probably.)

8 Likes