Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Bummer. But thanks for explaining.

11 Likes

This is before you get into the fact that these set ups are really only viable for high profit stuff like organic microgreens and such. As far as actually producing calories and nutrition, they are just not gonna fly. Yeah, it’s a cool sci-fi looking thing, but not any more viable that growing potatoes in a poop-filled balloon ala The Martian.

6 Likes

Overall though… I like the idea of large-scale indoor/outdoor community gardening and investment in local farming practices even if they are costly. On one hand it isn’t going to impact big ag but then it also isn’t a threat.

But socially I could see the benefit to the whole local economy exceeding the profitability of the individual operation.

7 Likes

While I was responding to a big business comment, that’s not the only group benefitting from changes in farming. Elsewhere on the site there are multiple examples of how some of those concerns have been addressed. There are also studies showing how close large producers are to growing crops at costs similar to organic products. This isn’t just in the US, either. Examples of successful vertical farms can be found in almost every continent. It’s also not all large-scale techbro territory. Co-ops, family operations, and independent farms are doing this, too.

6 Likes

:thinking: Those restaurants using vertical farm to table setups are claiming fresher produce provides better nutrition than what they were using before. Some expand their sales to the community.

6 Likes

All true, but there is water/vapor retention/reuse possibilities when indoors that will become even more crucial as climate change affects our available potable water.

Also, corn is currently largely grown for feeding animals (for their meat) and ethanol for vehicles. Other core crops can be grown indoors more easily if needed. That’s a lifestyle shift, not an impossibility.

We’re not there yet, but we’ve adapted our agricultural efforts billions of times over millions of years, all over the world, so I’m pretty optimistic that we can figure this out, too.

7 Likes

I doubt it would be much worse than a large scale brewery. It would need serious tiling on the floors and walls that would probably make it impracticable to convert back, but so long as it’s operating profitably, why would they?

5 Likes

Yeah I dislike the notion that research into emerging technologies isn’t worthwhile if there aren’t already large scale practical applications for them.

I dunno. I hate hype that transcends to woo but a little hype keeps us from neglecting the value of research and innovation.

:person_shrugging:

8 Likes

The GOP making more moves to prevent university students/young voters from being exposed to liberal ideas:

6 Likes

A large scale brewery wouldnt be as humid as a greenhouse. Since the brewing vessels are fairly self contained and well vented you dont get a large accumulation of humid air. The amount of standing water is quite low as compared to a greenhouse too. Also theres no need to get the temperatures im a brewery up to those that tomatoes and peppers like

6 Likes

Oh, the glass roof in greenhouses handles that problem very well…too well, in fact, once we get fully into summer.

6 Likes

On the brewing side, no, but on the bottling end of things, oooh yes it would. :melting_face:

Starting with the soaker at one end, where the returned bottles were washed with steaming hot water and caustic soda to remove the labels, any gunk in the bottles, and sterilized.

After the soaker, there was a line where the bottles would be cooled with water sprays, then on to the filler where they’d be filled and capped, and into the pasteurizer ovens. After the pasteurizer, there was another cooling line that very gently cooled the bottles of hot beer with water mist sprays.

Most metal conveyor belts were also constantly sprayed with soap to keep the bottles sliding.

Multiply by 3-4 lines in operation, with three shifts.

Fun times!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Good Samaritan… I can’t find the part about murder.

5 Likes

Ugh, what a fucking ghoul.

And a fool (I hope), for trying to be even more of a fascist than Tromp.

12 Likes

“There was no violent crime though,” retorted political analyst Jason Nichols, to which Pellegrino replied, “He was threatening people.”

“No, but there was no violent crime,” Nichols said. “He didn’t attack anyone. Violent crime means someone was attacked. Nobody was attacked. If someone looks at me wrong or screams at me, should I kill them? Should I choke them to death? Should I come up behind them and put them in a rear naked choke?”

“Probably, yeah,” “The Right Squad” host Chris Plante replied. “If he’s threatening to murder people on a subway train.”

Several voices raised all at once, leading to an incoherent cacophony of shouting.

“He did not threaten, he said he was hungry…” Nichols argued. “And being mentally ill is not a crime. Being hungry is not a crime. Being homeless is not a crime.”

“We need to address the whole situation,” former Arizona Gubernatorial candidate and news anchor Kari Lake chimed in. “It’s so frightening to walk down the street and you have somebody who’s either on something or severely mentally ill and we’re just supposed to look away and act like nothing’s happening, or if somebody is getting right up our face, ignore it.”

“We’re afraid to act,” Lake continued. “We need to address this. We spend a fortune in taxes and what is it getting us? Unsafe streets. We can’t even defend ourselves, not just in this case but there’s other cases where somebody is hurting someone, and people are going to be afraid to defend themselves or help others.”

2 Likes

kari lake walks down the street? i can’t imagine it. surely she has some escalade size pollution machine. id bet good money she drives the five feet to her mailbox.

14 Likes

That would be the correct course of action, yes.

10 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes