Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Donโ€™t worry. Fox has โ€œaddressedโ€ it:

And by โ€œaddressedโ€ I am visualizing Borat hi-fives and a fat raise.

7 Likes

sentenced to 18 years.

5 Likes

So we just have to dose them.

10 Likes

Make It So Star Trek GIF

15 Likes

ohyeah

5 Likes

I didnโ€™t really get white nationalism until Trump started running for president," Brendan said.

I know Iโ€™m preaching to the choir here, but there are still people who deny the connection

16 Likes
5 Likes

Richard Carwadine has a fascinating examination of the ways in which the split in Protestant churches, over slavery, in the 1840s presaged the split in 1860. Some of this definitely rings true today.

13 Likes

It wonโ€™t be โ€˜anotherโ€™ civil war; it will be more like the Troubles, unlessโ€ฆ

11 Likes

Yes. A cold war, but yes.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Poor people donโ€™t โ€˜just go awayโ€™, and they donโ€™t die off before they revolt.

10 Likes

The campaign ads just write themselves, donโ€™t they? The question is, will it matter to the base? Will they still vote to take away their own benefits in order to inflict suffering on other people? Not sure i want to know, honestly.

13 Likes

That would track with the changing nature of warfareโ€ฆ soโ€ฆ maybe?

yeah, but that conflict could have just been an indication as to where warfare was going after the Cold War.

8 Likes

Law enforcement agencies and civic governments across Southern California are cautioning residents to be aware that antisemitic flyers and posters filled with hate speech are being distributed in driveways of homes or posted in public spaces.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Not sure this is something to get worked up aboutโ€ฆ yet. The curve bounces back and forth between ~60% and ~70% repeatedly since ~2013. If the next one goes back up, just the normal variation. Should it drop, we have an issue. The generation receptive to the โ€œmoral panicโ€ is dying off, and while there are certainly plenty of bigoted young folks out there, they are a much smaller percentage.

14 Likes

This. I want to know the median age of the people surveyed and the sources for volunteers. Iโ€™d bet good money they under counted young ppl and didnโ€™t try to correct that issue

10 Likes

Revival of the SoCal racism of the 70s and 80sโ€ฆ Tom Metzger cut his teeth in SoCalโ€ฆ

8 Likes

Really good assessment of how we got where we are

9 Likes