Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Don’t forget Gen Alpha. The young people.

6 Likes

Sabatini then suggested that Florida could make it immediately illegal for any county, school board, city commission or any local entity to spend any money on Pride. He whined about the city of Mount Dora spending “tens of thousands of dollars” on rainbow banners up and down the street, which I suppose we can assume were fashioned out of vicuna wool, and said it should be made immediately illegal to spend any taxpayer dollars on Pride.

Then he said that he wanted to replace Pride Month like Republicans were supposed to repeal and replace Obamacare.

“First we need to crush Pride Month,” he continued. “We need to bend our civil rights laws to make it actionable legally for when they do do that because it’s an anti-Christian hate symbol.”

6 Likes
6 Likes

GOP Hopeful Feels Personally Attacked By Rainbows

Coincidence? I think not!

10 Likes

I think addressing toxic masculinity is part of fixing the shit men have caused for the the rest of us. Or at least mitigate how many problems men cause for everyone else. Consent training and social emotional learning for young boys should hopefully curb the sexual assault epidemic we adults are experiencing.

I know for damned sure the GOP version of masculinity is going to make everyone, including most men, miserable :weary:

9 Likes

MoRon’s brownshirts. that’s what this is. we all saw it coming. what to do to stop him?
FYA:
This comes after experts previously raised alarms that DeSantis could effectively be creating his own private army. The legislature disregarded those fears, giving DeSantis 400 volunteers and a $10 million budget for his project.

According to the report, the State Guard has blown through two leaders in eight months as even higher-ups question the mission, fearing that DeSantis is creating a private force he can use to put down riots and conduct law enforcement activity. “The program got hijacked and turned into something that we were trying to stay away from: a militia,” said retired 20-year Navy veteran Brian Newhouse

9 Likes

He was talking about the baggie that was found at the White House

6 Likes

I don’t know what it was he thought he snorted before going on, but it was definitely cocaine.

6 Likes

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

7 Likes

Republican lawmakers held a day of back-to-back public hearings in mid-April for bills that would add restrictions to receiving unemployment insurance payouts, ban local guaranteed income programs and prevent state agencies from automatically renewing low-income health insurance.

3 Likes

Republican senators say they are alarmed at how many Republicans, including those with higher levels of education and income, buy the unsubstantiated claims that the last presidential election was stolen.

A second Republican senator who spoke with The Hill said the growing strength of radical populism “makes it a lot more difficult to govern, it makes it difficult to talk to constituents.”

“There are people who surprise me — I’m surprised they have those views. It’s amazing to me the number of people, the kind of people who think the election was stolen,” the lawmaker said. “I don’t want to use this word but it’s not just a ‘red-neck’ thing. It’s people in business, the president of a bank, a doctor.”

The lawmaker, who requested anonymity to discuss the political challenge posted by surging conservative populism, accused some fellow Republicans of trying to exploit voter discontent to gain local or national prominence.

“In my state there are a lot of folks who see Washington as disconnected, they see their way of life threatened. There’s something that generates discontent that elected officials take advantage of,” the senator said.

6 Likes

There ya go.

7 Likes

adding, “you know, the way i do.”

“i mean, i thought about correcting them, or even just stating the facts - but then i realized, i really want government payouts for me and friends, i really like power, and i’m flirting with the idea of a christian ethno state. so ‘f’ it. whatever works.”

8 Likes
3 Likes

Tennessee- and other states - want out of state abortion medical records.

First they came for transgender people’s medical records, and nothing was done.

2 Likes

A whole host of asshole AGs signed onto that. Including the interim Texas AG. I had sincerely hoped he would lay low. But no. Of course not

5 Likes

In Allen v. Milligan, Chief Justice John Roberts ordered the state to draw an additional congressional district that gives Black voters a meaningful opportunity to elect the representative of their choice; instead, Republican legislators have drawn a white-majority district that Donald Trump would have handily carried in 2020. Lawmakers passed this map out of committee on a party-line vote, and the GOP-controlled Legislature appears likely to adopt it by Friday.

There is no real chance that the district court which struck down Alabama’s first map will uphold this one. It will be dead on arrival—as Republican legislators must realize. It seems, then, that these lawmakers hope the Supreme Court will decline to enforce a ruling that is barely a month old. Like Louisiana Republicans, who are currently pursuing a similar tactic over a similar racial gerrymander, Alabama legislators think the Supreme Court may walk back its newfound commitment to the Voting Rights Act. More than half a century after the Civil Rights Movement, these Southern states are maintaining their resistance to multiracial democracy and looking to the Supreme Court to play along.

The one bright spot, and it’s not going to be worth the electrons it’s printed on.

6 Likes

The program is working as intended (by DeSantis), but hey, just as long as it’s a well-regulated militia…

6 Likes

You can tell his mom really does care and doesn’t want him to shoot himself in the foot

Watters’ mom’s advice seemed to hint at Carlson’s departure during the segment, as she said, “Do not tumble into any conspiracy rabbit holes. We do not want to lose you and we want no lawsuits. OK?”

She continued, “In keeping with the Hippocratic Oath, do no harm. We need you to be kind and respectful… Use your voice responsibility to promote conversation that maintains a narrative thread. There really has been enough Biden-bashing and the laptop is old, perhaps you could suggest that your people take less interest, for example, in other people’s bodies, and talk about that.”

8 Likes

Pretty great advice Mom, but it sounds like you don’t know your son all that well, nor the organization he works for.

19 Likes