Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Did Ayn Rand put a rapist protagonist in that novel too? The only piece of her work I ever read was The Fountainhead and I that was more than enough of her sociopathic Objectivist nonsense to last me a lifetime.

The only way I could see any filmmaker adapting one of her books into something watchable is if they did a tongue-in-cheek critique of the original source material like Paul Verhoeven did with Starship Troopers. Of course a lot of audiences missed the satire in that one too and internalized the fascist message unironically.

13 Likes

Her protagonist:

β€œShe tried to tear herself away from him. The effort broke against his arms that had not felt it. Her fists beat against his shoulders, against his face. He moved one hand, took her two wrists and pinned them behind her, under his arm, wrenching her shoulder blades.…She fell back against the dressing table, she stood crouching, her hands clasping the edge behind her, her eyes wide, colorless, shapeless in terror. He was laughing. There was the movement of laughter on his face, but no sound.…Then he approached. He lifted her without effort. She let her teeth sink into his hand and felt blood on the tip of her tongue. He pulled her head back and he forced her mouth open against his.”

15 Likes

puke die GIF

Way too many on the right would take that as β€œWomen never know what they want. If they say no, you just have to hit them harder.”

19 Likes

A lot of guys could acquire the nickname stumpy when they fall asleep.

15 Likes

I quite enjoyed King Vidor’s film of The Fountainhead. I don’t think he was quite doing it tongue-in-cheek, hell maybe he even liked the actual book, but by taking all the madness of the plot, embracing it and amplifying it, it became quite an amazing, chucklesome wonder. Never read the book, so can’t compare though.

3 Likes

Right, that was the infamous rape scene from The Fountainhead. But I never read Atlas Shrugs so I didn’t know if she made the hero a rapist in that one too.

5 Likes

Well would you look at that

17 Likes

Does t matter though?

2014 seems like ancient history for that sort of crime

7 Likes

I think it does… it shows how hypocritical he was about the Dobbs leak, as well as pointing to a possible culprit for the Dobbs leak (he protested a bit too much, too loudly). Basically, he’s part of making the SCOTUS look bad by engaging in behavior that any other judge might be removed from office for. Perhaps that can push congress to at the very least pressure SCOTUS to write up some guidelines for ethical behavior that the Justices must adhere to, which could make removal easier?

22 Likes

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

14 Likes

It sounds like there is at least one Supreme Court Justice who can’t keep his mouth shut.

Duct Tape GIF by A Black Lady Sketch Show

12 Likes

Yeah, let me add that to my reading list, just ahead of The Turner Diaries. /s

7 Likes
21 Likes
19 Likes

No prob, since he didn’t have a laptop.

15 Likes

Spoilers: they won’t

(Yahoo reprint)

17 Likes

Good point made there.

And turnabout is fair play, especially when dealing with those who don’t play fair.

12 Likes

TBH, I was expecting instructions for the Dems/liberals to share cooked food and provide the others with raw ingredients. That way, they would be supportive of those rugged individuals who believe in hard work and making their own meals - not accepting handouts from others.

20 Likes

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

18 Likes

Idea Ghosts GIF by CBS

14 Likes