Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 4)

14 Likes

There is absolutely no excuse for being caught flat-footed this time around. There is also the fact that Joe is the occupant of the White House, not the Flatulent Fuehrer. It changes the outlook entirely. But i am glad to hear he is at least saying the right stuff.

13 Likes

ETA:

10 Likes

Being from Soviet Canuckistan, I canโ€™t see the preview of the interview with Biden thatโ€™s going to be aired this weekend, but I am hearing rumblings:

9 Likes

Microsoft, for its part, claims that it will harness the power of atomic fusion by 2028, but critics are skeptical.

Skeptical? No shit!!

As for the climate crisis, Musk summarized his perspective in a 2014 interview(Code/red: The Best Elon Musk Quote, Ever | Vox) with the words, โ€œFuck Earth! Who cares about Earth?โ€

Yup, this is a bit of honesty on his part.

And then thereโ€™s this

In addition to grounding his techno-utopian views in Christianity, Thiel has something else in common with many white evangelical Christians: a taste for fascism. Thiel has famously stated, โ€œI no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible,โ€ and has also argued that โ€œthe extension of the franchise to womenโ€ฆrender[s] the notion of โ€˜capitalist democracyโ€™ into an oxymoron.โ€ Thiel also holds the modern university in contempt, arguing that it has reduced history to a list of grievances and normalized radical Marxist ideas.

Holy shit, this is the cherry on top!

Vance and Thiel are also fans of software developer and โ€œDark Enlightenmentโ€ reactionary Curtis Yarvin, who has stated that the problem of โ€œthe underclassโ€ necessitates โ€œa humane alternative to genocide.โ€

All in all, that is a terrifying read, and opens so many doors to hell that I am thinking it might need a trigger warning. Yeah, I think I hate it!

13 Likes

trigger warning added

10 Likes

23 Likes
9 Likes

This was a bit ago (May), butโ€ฆ

10 Likes
18 Likes
12 Likes

Arizona school voucher program causes budget meltdown

13 Likes

Season 16 Fx GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

12 Likes

wow. and this is where desantis wants to take florida schools.

โ€œpublic school bad!โ€
โ€œparental fReEdUm of ChOiCe!โ€
โ€œparentโ€™s rights!!!11!โ€

fk that noise. :person_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

Not entirely sure where to put this.

If someone is going to hack the Trump campaign, why give the hacked emails to Politico? Wait. Why does AllSides say they lean left and other places they are centrist?! That makes no sense to me

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/10/trump-campaign-hack-00173503

7 Likes

Why wouldnโ€™t they? People leak stuff like this to all kinds of media outlets. Whether they are center or left-leaning is a subjective value judgement, but they are a reasonably credible organization when it comes to reporting on things that actually happened.

6 Likes

Iโ€™d think they would want an outlet known for in-depth reporting. Maybe it is my bias, but Politico seems (a) right leaning, although not MAGA, (2) tends towards stories that seem more like reporting rumors and current events, and (3) geared towards politically involved readership and not the average american who needs Trumpโ€™s manifest unfitness in their face. Politico does do actual facts though. Not just spin

Again, maybe Iโ€™m biased against Politico myself.

9 Likes

Iโ€™m with you. They seem like the National Enquirer of political โ€œjournalismโ€ to me. I think the result is right-leaning, as it puts more emphasis on rumor and innuendo than actual reporting.

8 Likes

Which would arguably make it a more effective outlet for reporting negative information about Trump than one of left-leaning outlets Republican voters dismiss out of hand.

Every leaker has an agenda of some kind, and itโ€™s usually not as principled as โ€œI just really love objective journalism.โ€

5 Likes

Thatโ€™s if they donโ€™t kill it or spin it as no biggie. Iโ€™m not buying that.

Or another option, wait until November 6th to release it as a tell-all book. Or is that too NYT?

3 Likes