Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

Just wait until they read up on prussian history :rofl:

6 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

They never negotiate in good faith.Might as well shoot the moon if they’re going to vote it down any way

5 Likes

This is why one of my libertarian-leaning friends is considering leaving the Boston area for the wilds of WV. Sad…

Republicans: If you want funding for Ukraine you’re going to need to give us all those things we’ve been asking for on border security. We won’t take β€œno” for an answer!

Democrats: Ugh, fine.

Republicans: We also won’t take β€œyes” for an answer.

6 Likes

And let’s add neomedievalism to the list!

5 Likes
2 Likes

We’re gonna need more projection bulbs.

Traitors all of them.

8 Likes

The House just failed to impeach Mayorkas. There’s now a motion to reconsider.

ETA: Maybe there’s not. I dunno. Now it looks like they’re voting on emergency aid to Israel.

9 Likes

…voting on whether to impeach DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas

The predictability of the gQp running media distraction for trump is getting old.

Yeah, you are still not immune asshole.

2 Likes

Yeah, the vote is over. It failed 214-216.

8 Likes

Cool. Part of the relevant section of the 14A includes β€œaid and comfort” to insurrectionists. If T**** is proven in court to have committed insurrection, these idiots just gave him aid and made themselves subject to removal and prohibition from holding public office.

13 Likes

The GOP is trying to go all in with the β€œDemocrats are weak on the border” narrative again but it’s going to be trickier than usual to get independents to buy it given that the Democrats met the Republicans more than half way on a border security bill and the Republicans torpedoed it.

7 Likes

It looks like the emergency aid to Israel will pass. No emergency aid to Ukraine, though.

Yeah, anyone who pays any attention to Congress at all now knows this is all on Republicans. A bipartisan deal was worked out that Biden promised to sign. It had the votes to pass in the House and only failed because Johnson refused to bring it to the floor because that’s what Trump told him to do. The Speaker of the House is a puppet for Trump, an unelected former President facing over 90 criminal charges. Only hardcore MAGA folks are going to pin any of this on Biden.

4 Likes

Emergency genocide funding. Who’d of thought it would come to this?

Fuck Netenyaahoo and the gQp.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was not present for the vote, as he is still recovering in Louisiana from a stem cell transplant.

Thought those assholes were against all that.

5 Likes

IMG_2272

4 Likes

I spoke too soon. The emergency aid package needed a 2/3rd majority vote to pass, and it didn’t get that, so it failed as well. Bad day for Mike Johnson.

11 Likes

A bad day for that asshole is a great day for the rest of us.

11 Likes

For sure. I’d like to think this might make him reconsider his relationship with Trump, but I’m not delusional.

10 Likes

One of the surprise β€œno” votes (Republican Mike Gallagher) is now trying to convince his fellow leopards to refrain from eating his face by announcing that he only voted against impeaching Mayorkas because he hates Biden so gosh darn much.

1 Like

If you want to make American β€œpatriots” uncomfortable with gay Prussians, this is the Wikipedia article to link

8 Likes