Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

Holy crap, Al Green went to the floor straight from emergency surgery, still in a hospital gown, to vote against impeachment. That shouldn’t be necessary, but damn.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Just keep in mind: there will be plenty here in Indiana more than happy to do this for real. They don’t consider it β€˜snitching’, they consider it cleaning up America for the real patriots.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bipartisan border deal is officially dead but separate vote moving ahead for military aid to Israel and Ukraine.

How wild would it be if those things passed without the Republicans getting any of the border security stuff they’d said they wanted in exchange?

4 Likes

Leaving the massive moral issue aside, what the fuck does Israel need military aid for? It’s like tossing brass-knuckles and a gun to a 6’4 bodybuilder kicking the absolute shit out of someone curled in a ball at their feet.

11 Likes

That is one of the moral issues here, frankly. The asymmetry between Israel’s military capability and Hamas is ridiculous.

14 Likes

It’s a moral calamity, but it’s a bipartisan moral calamity.

6 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

joanna lumley rage GIF

I wish people understood that it’s only a short leap from this to more direct forms of violence against our LGBQT+ brothers and sisters and non-binary siblings… Far too many people are just brushing this shit off and IT WILL ESCALATE unless we DO something about these fascholes.

9 Likes

A Utah high school student needs police protection after a state school board member publicly singled out and suggested the student was transgender β€” without evidence β€” inciting threats from her followers on social media.

ETA:

Other similar incidents have occurred β€” including another in 2022 where two parents challenged the gender of a girl who had beaten their children at a track meet β€” but the Utah High School Activities Association has so far not released data on their frequency. The USHAA determined in that first case, after pulling the accused student’s records back to kindergarten, that she has always been female.

That is also the case with the girl Cline questioned, according to Equality Utah. Cline later updated her apology to include that, but continued to discuss the girl’s body.

β€œShe does have a larger build, like her parents,” Cline wrote. β€œWe live in strange times when it is normal to pause and wonder if people are what they say they are because of the push to normalize transgenderism in our society.”

2 Likes
4 Likes

As always, the anti-trans movement is only about trans individuals in very tiny part. It is mostly about controlling women’s bodies, their expression of femininity, their appearance, their ability to be. The fact that crap like β€œWe can always tell” is a very popular meme for β€œouting” cis women as not-sufficiently-conventionally-feminine pretty much says it all. It is none of their fucking business!! If it has not already happened, someone is going to be hurt or killed by one of these assholes in the name of β€œprotecting” their ideal of cis women.

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

6 Likes
5 Likes

wow. thanks for tuning me in to that substack. that is one powerful, frightening and well presented piece. i want to read more from mr. zimmer and will.
i also found thoughtful commentary following the article. i appreciate discourse that is reasonable, like what we have here.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I chalk this up as another death caused by antivaxx loons. They will insist it wasn’t their fault, but by God it most certainly is!

10 Likes
1 Like
1 Like