Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

So, first amendment rights plus other stuff.

2 Likes

Talking about it is legal. Acting on it is not.

14 Likes

Because Popper’s Paradox is no longer a philosophical conundrum, it is our every day experience.

12 Likes

Thanks for that. I knew of the thought pattern but not the name.

2 Likes

The only legal way to end American democracy would be to modify the Constitution, for which there is a well established methodology embedded in the document itself, and which document in turn was a replacement for a failed attempt at a national constitution, The Articles of Confederation. While discussion of the use of force, coercion, trickery, cheating, or other nefarious means of ending democracy may well be covered by 1st amendment rights, as soon as it progresses beyond discussion the law seems to be pretty clearly against such progression. But, if a bunch of people decide to write a new constitutional amendment that removes the democracy bit, or write an entire new constitution that decides we’re now a monarchy, and follow the procedures (approval by Congress, governors, etc.), well, that’s how the system is supposed to work. I would hope that such won’t happen, but legally and politically speaking, it looks like it could without breaking any laws.

But this is not what they’re proposing. They want to use their guns, vent their anger, and break all sorts of laws while purging β€œtheir” country of anyone they dislike, usually based on skin color, country of origin, socio-economic status, and voting predilections. If they could stand outside the voting polls, with their guns, and only let Trumpists and fellow travelers cast their votes, they would. I’ve heard them say so, and I believe them.

1 Like

Nope. SCOTUS interprets the Constitution. Corrupt the court and they can rule anything is legal, regardless of whether that’s true. We already see it with Dobbs and Holder. It’s technically legal for them to do so.

12 Likes

Speaking of:

7 Likes

Disagree. You can β€œhonor” the Constitution as a symbol while utterly ignoring the requirements and limitations it imposes on power. And this is not theoretical, it’s the playbook being currently employed by the fascist wing. And exactly why we cannot allow them to succeed. It’s very much a predator/prey relationship. They can fail over and over and still come back for another shot. We can only fail once, then it’s over.

16 Likes

NY Attorney General Letitia James has been racking up some big wins lately. Bad day for NRA leader Wayne LaPierre & pals:

20 Likes

"By many accounts, members of Antifa and related far-left groups engaged in worse conduct

Whose?

Oh, okay.

8 Likes

Rob Natelson, a constitutional scholar and senior fellow at the Independence Institute who closely studies Article V of the Constitution, predicted to Insider there’s a 50% chance that the United States will witness a constitutional convention in the next five years.

Not exactly unbiased. Part of the Koch network, funded by the Bradley Foundation, pushing for the convention.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Independence%20Institute

10 Likes

Hey I think I found one of the reasons why some on the right oppose birth control

5 Likes

not only those kochs, but this fcking cock

i swear, fcking desantis is a fascist, through and through. yeah, he would looove to rewrite the us constitution to favor the minority christofascist theological rule over us all.

goddamn fascists.hands off!

16 Likes

umm, ms. farrah? …
:face_vomiting:

please hurry up with that puke emoji. please!

6 Likes

The source could not be more appropriate. (EW.com)

13 Likes
11 Likes

12 Likes

That meme is getting quite a bit of mileage unfortunately

10 Likes
13 Likes

I think the β€œenemy of the people” part five years ago made that plain.

11 Likes