Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

11 Likes

For Briana Jones, a young Black mother in San Francisco, a city program called the Abundant Birth Project has been a godsend.

Designed to counter the β€œobstetric racism” that researchers say leads a disproportionate number of African American people to die from childbirth, the project has provided 150 pregnant Black and Pacific Islander San Franciscans a $1,000 monthly stipend.

The money enabled Jones, 20, to pay for gas to drive to prenatal clinics, buy fresh fruits and vegetables for her toddler son and herself, and remain healthy as she prepared for the birth of her second child last year.

But the future of the Abundant Birth Project is clouded by a lawsuit alleging that the program, the first of its kind in the nation, illegally discriminates by giving the stipend only to people of a specific race. The lawsuit also targets San Francisco guaranteed-income programs serving artists, transgender people and Black young adults.

The litigation is part of a growing national effort by conservative groups to eliminate racial preferences in a wide range of institutions following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that found race-conscious admissions to colleges and universities to be unconstitutional.

5 Likes

I’ve seen 5x5 alignment grids pop up

is this a new D&D thing?

1 Like

I asked my spouse. Math nerd and D&D nerd. He says it’s a math joke but he’s never seen an alignment grid like that.
It made him laugh though

12 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Most government contracts that I’ve seen require the business to abide by the government’s non discrimination policies.

Religious organizations are not required to do business with government. If you decide to - there are requirements and obligations that come with taking tax money from people who aren’t part of your religion.

13 Likes

yea this is the scary shit. they will lie cheat and steal to win in 2024. they HAVE been doing it and luckily in the past public shame has stopped it, now the fascists in the republicans party have no shame and have primed their base to accept anything they say no matter how much of a lie it is. we are in for some terrible terrible shit this time next year. there has to be such an unmistakable win for biden that they cant fight. i mean, they will… no matter what, but the bigger the margins in favor of biden the better. everyone has to vote for all blue up and down the ballot in 2024.

from

8 Likes

Vote like your life depends on it and vote blue. Because it does

12 Likes

i wanted to see if that was from an article, or whatnot.
looks like it comes from this book published last year:

9 Likes

I wondered what his current thinking on that is, and could only find this August 2023 piece, in which he says that just as rules in the Constitution mean that Schwarzenegger can’t run because he wasn’t born in the U.S., so they also mean that Trump can’t run because he’s an insurrectionist.

11 Likes

The Mercer’s are sending up trial balloons about supporting Trump again.

4 Likes

Did they ever really stop?

7 Likes

More info.

5 Likes

Things are about to get interesting

7 Likes
5 Likes

Fuck that. Grind him into dust. :angry:

He completely deserves it.

7 Likes

As I said in the other thread, I’m guessing many people in the lawsuit are probably ready to be done with re-living the worst day of their lives…

13 Likes

I completely agree with you, but I also believe Alex Jones is not on board with their wish and will continue to wreak havoc for them if he’s not dismantled soon.

9 Likes

Only but so interesting. They only want to question him behind closed doors, so they can lie and take stuff he says out of context because they have no evidence.

5 Likes