Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 4)

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Tell me you have no idea how fascism works without telling me you have no idea how fascism works…

14 Likes
12 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

9 Likes

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

This is democracy in action: The voters surveyed the scene, tuned out the noise, and selected the man the rest of the world loves to hate. What could be more democratic than voting for your preferred candidate against the adviceβ€”the warnings, the threats, the fear-mongeringβ€”of your betters?

So Republicans now support direct democracy instead of, you know, a Republic?

(Obviously they really support neither of those things because they are actively trying to install a fascist dictator but it’s fascinating to watch them attempt to lay out their reasoning.)

7 Likes

Yeah, whole bunch of stuff today. But why let facts get in the way of a good hate fest?

4 Likes

20 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes
18 Likes

Legalizing abuse and torture, basically.

I hate this timeline.

16 Likes

To be fair, it’s always been legal, depending on the diligence and/or prejudices of the social worker assigned to the case.

Abuse and torture has historically been a huge part of the foster and adoption industries.

14 Likes

*sighs

I know.

:rage:

10 Likes

True, but this is practically insisting on having these kids placed where they will be abused. Which, of course, is the whole idea…

American Crime Story Reaction GIF by FX Networks

15 Likes

16 Likes

Does that include the 1-2% of the population that was born intersex?

Because guess what? That gender assignment surgery is non-reversible.

14 Likes

Pretty much every law Republicans put forth related to gender or reproductive rights requires a willful ignorance of the nuances of biology.

Take β€œlife begins at conception.” If a fertilized egg is a human being complete with a soul, then do I only have half a soul since I’m an identical twin borne of a zygote that split after conception? Does a human chimera actually have two souls since they are borne of two different zygotes that merged in the womb? Does an intersex person have any place in the Republican vision of our society at all?

13 Likes

I can answer that last question!

It proves that they’re not actually against gender assignment surgery; they’re against someone making an informed medical decision about their own body and health. Forced surgery is A-OK.

It’s always about choice for them. Other people having free will gives them the heebie-jeebies.

18 Likes
11 Likes

β€œIs wokeness in the room with us now?”

Of course, the whole point of β€œwoke” is that they want to divorce it from all meaning, so that it means whatever they want it to mean, and take it away from the people who coined it.

Or: woke has a clear definition in their minds: it means β€œdoubleplusungood”.

9 Likes