Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

But, see, it’ll be DIFFERENT this time!!! Only the bad ones will suffer… /s

14 Likes

But he serves in the same party as those people in white hoods. If you’re a member of the Republican party, shouldn’t we take that as a sign you endorse and share the positions of those scumbags? That you yourself are a scumbag too?

He’d probably say that he’s not bad, that those scumbags are just “a few bad apples”. But the original proverb whose meaning has been twisted is “one bad apple can spoil the barrel” – if you have a barrel of a hundred good apples and one bad apple that’s rotting, pretty soon you have a barrel of a hundred and one rotting apples!

8 Likes

… used and used and then kicked to the curb when they are all used up, in a best case scenario. And in a worst case scenario:

Likely.

Suspension of disbelief?
Belief in cult(s)?
Delusion?
Irrational exuberance?
Lousy students of history?
Poor memory?

:woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

I dunno, man. I am all of the privileges, and I am fricken’ terrified of what will happen to me and mine if they take power. Folks carrying less of that armor are so much more vulnerable. And they just seem to not be able to see it.

16 Likes

Doing in retail what the Three-Fifths Clause did wholesale.

10 Likes
10 Likes

WEST PALM BEACH — The families of men and women killed by Colombian terrorists are finally facing off against the corporate giant accused of financing their loved ones’ murder: Chiquita Brands International.

The trial against Chiquita follows more than a decade of litigation over illegal payments the banana giant made to Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, a militant group known to kidnap civilians in the middle of the night and leave their mutilated corpses for their families to find.

11 Likes

So this is happening. Can’t have not-straight kids doing art, it might offend some delicate flower.

12 Likes

So much for putting these issues on the ballot and respecting the will of the people…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes

Same kind of bullshit they did to the gun control ballot measure here in Oregon, forum-shopping to find the rootinest, tootinest cartoon judge in the West to block the will of the people.

Looney Tunes Animation GIF

12 Likes

If we had a “phrase of the day” award, you would win today. :smile:

6 Likes

hopefully, that’s not the end of it :crossed_fingers:

Attorney General Letitia James said her office would appeal the decision.

“The Equal Rights Amendment was advanced to protect New Yorkers’ fundamental rights, including reproductive freedom and access to abortion care. This is a disappointing court decision, but we will appeal because New Yorkers deserve to be protected by their Constitution, especially as our basic freedoms and rights are under attack,” said James, a Democrat.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Downton Abbey Yes GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

9 Likes

13 Likes

Of course, again, it’s a woman in charge. Maybe perhaps a left-leaning woman, but mostly a woman. This goes against the natural order of all things good. Put white men back in charge!!

Ew I Cant GIF by Trevi Moran

14 Likes
11 Likes

Well, he is correct. Something that does not happen in any significant number is not easily provable. And I care not one picofuck for his “intuition.” I can prove that Republicans commit voter fraud in pretty much every election. Why is this not being addressed?

16 Likes

It goes without saying that it WOULD BE easily provable if it was a real phenomenon, just like “vaccines cause autism” or “the pyramids were built as grain silos” or any number of other baseless conspiracy theories.

12 Likes

I intuitively know that Mike Johnson blows goats; but it’s hard to prove it.

15 Likes